Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Turned to a sleety mix now in Lusk...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Seeing as dublin didnt get anything really i came bac in and warmed up... gonna look at this Glasgow Webcam for the Front thats coming for them soon! , SHOULD BE GOOD!

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/AboutGlasgow/WebCams/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

kakee wrote: »
    Thats what I was trying to say. I have no problem looking at all the other posts and hitting f5 button, actually I quite enjoy it.

There's a lot of crap you don't need. A lot of the time with snow events I personally get tired of seeing stuff like 'It's a whiteout in Donegal'. Great for Donegal but I'm in Skerries, the other side of the country. If there was a Leinster thread it'd be more relevant and I could dip into other province threads to track showers or systems when needed. More isn't always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Don't recall there ever being a regional thread in weather before - why should we start now. Will get very quiet in here when this all dies down next week (see what I did there - I'm constantly stating things that don't happen in the end). C'mon folks back on topic, all in this together

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its raining again here in cork....more black ice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

naughto wrote: »
    all ya hear on this thread is will it be safe to go in to town or will iget home ok.the west thread was just about the weather and not this crap of if the lusas is running or if certain shops will be open.there is more that just peope from dublin on this thead u know

There are also questions about buses in cork etc!! And road conditions in various places. Of course there are more than just Dublin people here. But the questions will be about where individuals are- so if there are more people from one place/city/county at a particular time then there will be more questions on that area.
    Jeez why do people gave to give out so much??? BTW I like the all ireland threads.

Anyways if it's ok to say- nothing here in Dublin 8 since last night. Clouding up though and wind seems to be picking up. What a day yesterday was. I'd really love some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

In south kilkenny we only got 1cm and now lots of rain . . .well ye deserve a bit more, ye didnt do well early in the week!!

My arse ye deserve more:)

Brays lot fir this week long event where most eastern areas got a minimum if 6 or 7inches was a paltry 2 inches last Sat/Sun. Half thawed Tues/Wed/Thurs and nothing worth a &£)@e fell in the last 5 days!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

What is the name of the website the gives the temperatures from weather stations all over the country called?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing in Newcastle Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Caitriona wrote: »
    Similar in Collon. Have Christmas with the Rat Pack on :D
    How much is falling out in Collon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Sleet here now. Temp has hit 0.2 and dp -1 so it's business as usual for us, we're back to what we know and don't necessarily love!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

looks like rain (light) or sleet here in wex town

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

any reports for donegal town looks like v heavy showers snow??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This is funny, love how its deteriorating into a fight over regions! I have much more snow then that lot in Rush down the road from me, as for Skerries :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Waiting all morning for something to happen - finally has - weak sunshine bringing on a bit of a thaw! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Seeing as dublin didnt get anything really i came bac in and warmed up... gonna look at this Glasgow Webcam for the Front thats coming for them soon! , SHOULD BE GOOD!

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/AboutGlasgow/WebCams/
    i was staying in the hotel on the far side of georges square that you can see on that 2nd webcam for new years a couple of years ago with my wife and it was great craic, although we went in for a break at one stage and nearly didn't make it out cos the life of brian was on the telly and i couldn't stop watching it. :D

still getting the odd bit of snow now and again in navan, but its not made a noticable difference to the existing ground snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

What is the name of the website the gives the temperatures from weather stations all over the country called?

http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Fluffy snow just outside Enniscorthy this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Irish Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Snowing in Tallaght, Dublin 24.

Breaking in off the Dublin mountains. Not going to be much of a fall though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.irelandsweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

irish147 wrote: »
    looks like rain (light) or sleet here in wex town

it looks like we are finished with the snow in wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Big Dee

Just finished snowing here in north Co Louth - front very weak - only 13mm fell over 2 hours. Current temp -0.2C rising. Not quite what Meteoalarm was forecasting - see attached (was going to attach but boards upload service currently unavailabe!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Anymore talk of the Regional threads etc will result in bannings!

This thread is for all Big Freeze Chat.

There are threads for

- Road Conditions
    - Weather Forecasts and Charts

At this stage i do not feel it necessary to have Regional threads, however i will look into this in future Cold Spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Sun out here. *sigh*. I wonder where it all went wrong for much of the East coast? What do the experts think? Talk about a total non-event.

Met Éireann, and in fairness most of the other forecasters, were all expecting heavy snow for Dublin and we didn't even get a flake. I even took today off work as I was convinced I'd be snowed in again and wouldn't make it home. Feel a bit guilty about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Thank you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

squonk wrote: »
    There's a lot of crap you don't need. A lot of the time with snow events I personally get tired of seeing stuff like 'It's a whiteout in Donegal'. Great for Donegal but I'm in Skerries, the other side of the country. If there was a Leinster thread it'd be more relevant and I could dip into other province threads to track showers or systems when needed. More isn't always better.

Leinster thread wouldnt work,it would all about the pale and the rest of us wouldnt get a look in.

Calibos wrote: »
    My arse ye deserve more:)

Brays lot fir this week long event where most eastern areas got a minimum if 6 or 7inches was a paltry 2 inches last Sat/Sun. Half thawed Tues/Wed/Thurs and nothing worth a &£)@e fell in the last 5 days!!! :)

I meant kilkenny city deserved more than south kilkenny cos we got more already?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

Snowing lightly in Bray all morning. I'm a teacher with a class of 7 today! Makes a change from the usual 33 children!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just in from the live chat on irishweatheronline.com
    Confidence is high of heavy snow showers feeding into W, MW and SW overnight and tomorrow morn. More later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

zing wrote: »

seriously balmy (9C) out in Inisbofin. O would love a drink in the mild wind and get the BBQ going out there now.....:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement