Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

It leads me to believe that the radars can be used only as a very rough guide today!

The radar was very strange today , in one frame is showed the front completely covering Newbridge and surrounding areas,

In the next two frames nothing , then it came back showing us complelty covered again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,761 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Lashing rain in Waterford.

Has anyone been looking at the RTE Live Weather Updates? Nice style, bit of humour here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Roof avalanche dropped a load of snow into the middle of the main street, Rathfarnham Village, brought the gutters down too. Council lads shovelling the snow, but causing delays. Some guttering still hanging loose from the roof:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Nothing to report in Clontarf today - been working beside the window all morning and nothing has fallen. Definite thaw going on though - constant stream of drops falling off overhanging surfaces outside.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Sleety rain here now, oh well it was good while it lasted!:(

Its prob for the best, the amount of snow was becoming redicilous. And after a full week it does get old i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

About 10 - 12 cm here. Temp 0.5 Any body from the West please can you give me some info the those heavy showers moving in. Thank you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

looksee wrote: »
    Lashing rain in Waterford.

Has anyone been looking at the RTE Live Weather Updates? Nice style, bit of humour here and there.

Yes, I did notice it and I thought I was seeing things! Makes a nice change for RTE to be humourous :D

Very windy here now in my part of D18 - snow coming in over the mountain....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Where did you hear that? Must try and make my way home from work out by CIT, IN HEELS! :-\

one of the girls in my class got a txt message. not sure how true that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    About 10 - 12 cm here. Temp 0.5 Any body from the West please can you give me some info the those heavy showers moving in. Thank you.:)

click on nedbor
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

Raining in the City Centre now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

rather have snow to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

rsom wrote: »
    Roof avalanche dropped a load of snow into the middle of the main street, Rathfarnham Village, brought the gutters down too. Council lads shovelling the snow, but causing delays. Some guttering still hanging loose from the roof:eek:

any more snow in rathfarnham?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    one of the girls in my class got a txt message. not sure how true that is.

Listening to redfm there, they said that services faced disruption alright, some services have curtailments too but I didn't catch which ones, was listening out for my bus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

picture?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Absolute white out blizzard in South Meath

But it's only snow blowing off roofs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

with all the snow on the way out i came across this on adverts and maybe it might put a smile on all the peoples face that have been snow watching for the last while
    http://www.adverts.ie/343228/free-stuff/reward-snowman/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Heavy snow has returned to Greystones. Snowing now for about 20 mins.

Monkaa wrote: »
    any more snow in rathfarnham?

Not yet, but Spider Hill is brilliant today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Heavy snow has returned to Greystones. Snowing now for about 20 mins.

Same for Sallins - must be adding some more depth to the already significant snow cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Looking out the window the sky is mostly blue to the west.
    I have NEVER in my entire life seen an Atlantic front that didn't turn to rain eventually.
    My post at 9.24
    I thought ME were talking through their ***** when they predicted snow.
    It should have been "rain preceded by snow"
    The only thing that can put a stop to the thaw is clearing skies after dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

smokin ace wrote: »
    *****A QUESTION FOR THE SNOW EXPERTS*****

is there any fronts or anything showing up in the short to medium weather term that just MIGHT give us some more snow

No more snow for Wexford until next blast of easterly's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Citywest111

Heavy snow in Roundwood started half an hour ago....

Iancar29 wrote: »
    picture?:)

It had already fallen when I got there. Another one due from a house behind me....have camera at the ready!! No doubt, it will fall when I'm not looking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

a few light wet flakes of snow in the past few minutes but nothing now. Temperature 1 degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Not yet, but Spider Hill is brilliant today!!

I was out there yesterday and last night on my body board...havent laughed that hard in ages!!! will be back out there later when I get some work done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Raining in the City Centre now.

Which city :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Easing off a little in Greystones now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Sleet in Lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

4Sheets wrote: »
    Why is the news weather forecast still predicting 5-10cm over most of the country...no snow event...Why dont they look at their own radar shots?

Yeah this is something that pisses me off no end...listenbing to my local news on radio here (LMFM)....they're leading with weather news and discussing snow event, further falls etc etc...I'm looking out the window and at the doppler and the event is mostly over.

-0.8 here now. Snow has fizzled out...might be another blast from that clump over around westmeath currently. Looks like it might be a bit wetter than what we got this morning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Sleety rain in Lucan now... getting fairly heavy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement