Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

paulocon wrote: »
    Getting ridiculous here in Louth - flakes the size of out National Debt and snowing harder than I've ever seen it!

where in louth are you? south or north?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chinchin

Heavy band on the radar now heading for Dublin, anyone know if we'll get rain or snow out of this one? Very light rain here in Swords this last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Looking to travel to Bunmahon in Co. Waterford over the weekend, anybody who can fill me in on the conditions of the roads down that way, would be appriciated.

Travelling from the N2 via the M50 and N7/N9

Thanks

Buttons

M7-M9 have been a disaster over the last few days, check the NRA website before you travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

Bet you're glad you posted that eh :)

Still funny though ! Old 'un but good 'un!

i hadent seen it before..... it did get a bit of a reaction (negative)....lol

snow here on the ground since last saturday , so maybe a little madness setting in

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Just measured 17 inches of it outside in Blessington, heavy snow at the moment as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Just stopped snowing here in Navan, was very heavy, huge flakes, I reckon another inch fell!

Ye they were the biggest flakes i have ever seen! Size of a small football:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

wet snow here at the moment, turning to proper snow ... light enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

I'm in Drogheda very big flakes falling biggest i have seen up here

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

chinchin wrote: »
    Heavy band on the radar now heading for Dublin, anyone know if we'll get rain or snow out of this one? Very light rain here in Swords this last while.

It just passed Maynooth, was a bit of a snow shower and a bit of light rain as well I think. I think it'll be rain in Swords given the temps at the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Bertser wrote: »
    Just measured 17 inches of it outside in Blessington, heavy snow at the moment as well.

I'm in Tallaght so it wont be long till its snowing here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Just stopped snowing here in Navan, was very heavy, huge flakes, I reckon another inch fell!

twas a rather pathetic attempt 10 miles down the road from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Jean Byrne said last night was an all time record for cold in December, -16 in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I'm out Toberona and it's stopped.

Same here round the railway line off the Castletown Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Its been snowing very lightly since around midday in Drogheda, now it really heavy huge fluffy flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Starting again in Drogheda atm. Heavy enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Huge flakes up here. It's beautiful. Had our best snow shower so far this morning, it lasted for more them two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

I think County Clare is probably the only county to avoid any snowfall. At the moment it is a balmy 7.7 deg C.!! Strange times!!!

Reg

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

No snow since last night here in D5, we have enough of it anyway.

Seems to be a slow thaw on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

just west of Drogheda - has died down now but was very heavy there for a while. Been snowing on and off all day. Heard reports of Lawrence Centre in Drogheda closing due to snow of roof causing problems with leaking etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Jean Byrne said last night was an all time record for cold in December, -16 in Kilkenny.

hi maq -any chance of those showers later spreading east turning to snow in these parts or is it rain/sleet as met eireann seem to think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Walkingstick

I hope it starts snowing in Rathfarnham again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I'm out Toberona (NW) and it's stopped.

Aye it's done now here too. Still sub zero but can see some of the stuff on the cars and such starting to melt slightly...only an hour of sunlight left then it's back to the freezer.

[edi]t We got anyone in sligo area? Some action there on the radar...just wondering if it's snow or rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

-10C this morning on the car thermostat in Lucan at 05:30, that's the lowest temp I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm out to desnow my driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Friends of mine going to wedding in Castle Durrow in Laois tomorrow. Anyone in that area to advise on road and weather conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Wow, biggest snowflakes ever here and a very heavy snow shower. It's really sticking on the ground and building up quickly. Unusual for the seaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

hi maq -any chance of those showers later spreading east turning to snow in these parts or is it rain/sleet as met eireann seem to think?

Probably rain/sleet with only a risk of sleet/snow as they move east.

Not all is lost though, MT thinks we are going to get a reload of deep cold and a winter storm later in the month. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

snowing in maynooth now, its sticking and heading due east

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Heaviest dumping of the week so far,based in Termonfeckin, nth of Drogheda,the Lawerence centre has a glazed roof section they are afraid its going to collapse:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

If there is thaw on the roofs of houses but no thaw on the ground is that just houses heating up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement