Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wertz wrote: »
    Aye it's done now here too. Still sub zero but can see some of the stuff on the cars and such starting to melt slightly...only an hour of sunlight left then it's back to the freezer.
    Thats why I'm out to do the driveway before its starts to freeze or I'll never get the car in or out, can't leave it out the front for fear of someone going into the side of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Wow, biggest snowflakes ever here and a very heavy snow shower. It's really sticking on the ground and building up quickly. Unusual for the seaside.

It's obviously skipped right over south Meath. We had a light to moderate snow shower here for about 15 minutes, but absolutely nothing remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I think I broke the Raintoday site with my F5 button :o

Anyone else having issues..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

No snow since around 9pm yesterday evening in Knocklyn, light rain for the past hour or so. It's nicely compacting / thawing out the layers of snow we had so making it easier to dig the car out finally!

Have a feeling we won't have any more snow today...was looking forward to it since it's the weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That front had little impact on Co.Wexford,some snow this morning then rain.It was so cold it barely thawed the snow on top of my fence,what hit the ground froze,gona be interesting on the roads later.Clear skies now so temp dropping quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Just started in Nrt Co Dublin,,, heavy fluffy snow too :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

just started again just south of balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

What are chances of Athlone getting more snow today/tonight???

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Its working fine for me :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light sleet and icy rain just started here. 1.9c DP 0.9c

• Advertisement

Just started snowing in Blancahrdstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Sleety snow just started here in Lucan. Dark sky overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D:D:D:D:D

YES!!!!! about time we have snow in D15 yeah .......

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

must've been my browser, working fine in firefox...

last bit is just going to miss us - game over for today

could actually do with a break now until Christmas. Let's hope MT is bang on - he usually is !

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭96blsh

No snow in Liffey valley yet, anyone any thoughts on what the weekend will look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Is it freezing on ya?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

More rain in Sandyford :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

http://www.sat24.com/

Can some of the experts on here tell me is that another big load of snow coming in from the west on sat24. Love this thread well done guys

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

snow is like a light switch on & off in D15, leave it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Snow has stopped now but its lying on the ground. Unexpected after listening to Met Eireann at lunch time. Still dark, more snow perhaps!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    http://www.sat24.com/

Can some of the experts on here tell me is that another big load of snow coming in from the west on sat24. Love this thread well done guys

yes i asked the same question early but didnt get a response so i second that question!

also on raintoday, whats up with the shooting bits of orange, they are like shooting stars! snow stars hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Sleet falling now in D11. Seems to have been a thaw on here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

yes i asked the same question early but didnt get a response so i second that question!

also on raintoday, whats up with the shooting bits of orange, they are like shooting stars! snow stars hopefully!

sadly this cloud will spell the end of this months cold spssell as it will contain nothing short of pissy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

must've been my browser, working fine in firefox...

last bit is just going to miss us - game over for today

could actually do with a break now until Christmas. Let's hope MT is bang on - he usually is !

I think MT said the cold could be on the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

sadly this cloud will spell the end of this months cold spssell as it will contain nothing short of pissy rain.
    :( thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Sleet falling now in D11. Seems to have been a thaw on here today.

+1

Atm we seem to be getting a mix of everything :P
    Heavy snow one minute then the next its light sleet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Spitting rain on Amien Street :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Looking to travel to Bunmahon in Co. Waterford over the weekend, anybody who can fill me in on the conditions of the roads down that way, would be appriciated.

Travelling from the N2 via the M50 and N7/N9

Thanks

Buttons

The road from Kilmeaden to Bonmahon (which I live on) is fairly bad. It was gritted this morning but I just checked and despite some melting there is still a thick layer of ice on most of the road. If you do take this road take it handy. The other option is to take the road from Carroll's Cross, not sure of its condition but there are less inclines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Donegal people...rain/sleet or snow arrive off the coasts just now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The bit that looks like it is shooting out from Cork ?

Thats interference on the radar from mountains I believe !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement