Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Cicero wrote: »
    we were promised a few showers but nothing special..has something changed radically in the last couple of hours?

+1

Yeah any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm supposed to drive the missus to belfast airport in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Christ, some people are just plain thick. Dude next door poured boiling water on the path outside his house to get rid of the ice, only for the water to freeze and a women to end up on her ass 5 mins later :rolleyes:

Classic example of why people are scared of trying to clear paths/properties incase such accidents!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Temperature has dropped to 0 in Castleknock, Dublin 15...it got to a maximum of 2 today with very slight thaw. I imagine it will snow tonight again..colder air seems to be feeding in again.:D:D:D

I'd say she was as thick as him after that :D

I'm on the computer beside the window so I saw every second of it. She did the usual, jumped up and looked around to see if anyone saw then shuffled down the street as fast as possible. I'll admit it, I laughed once I seen she was ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Anyone seen that huge clump of cloud to the west of Ireland. Whats happening with that?

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    Classic example of why people are scared of trying to clear paths/properties incase such accidents!

Exactly, better off just leaving it. I used a hammer to get the ice off my doorstep but would take me hours to do that out on pavement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Temperature dropping back here now too. Currently at 0.6. May be on for being as frosty as it was last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Made it to Limerick and back a few scary moments on the roads.

So what's the forecast are we due anymore snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

God Damn Ice! when will cork get snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

FYI - The Aughrim & Rathdangan water supply will be turned off from 8pm tonight until 8am tomorrow morning. Arklow Town Council will be turning off the water supply tonight from 9.30pm until 7am tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a tip-Lidl are selling big bags of salt to clear ice for €2.99,a worthwhile investment,if only to clear around your doorways.It's gona be icy out there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

What's the story with the massive lump of cloud that's just hitting the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

ipod says it's 1 degree, feels damp outside but nothing happening, no rain, sleet or snow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Caitriona wrote: »
    What's the story with the massive lump of cloud that's just hitting the west?
    donegal town, big black cloud passed over and clear skies now nothing doing

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

DOCARCH wrote: »
    If you look at the latest radar image, looks like a streamer starting from Dublin and stretching to the Isle of Man, giving rain to the IOM. Justice! :D

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Here are some pics of an Igloo I started making this afternoon in my back garden :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaysus the roof is a bit thick isnt it, if that collapses you will struggle lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

donegal town, big black cloud passed over and clear skies now nothing doing
    Nope, it's bigger than that! http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

we might have some action later if the map is to be believed
    3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

D15 is thawing rapidly, overcast and light drizzle (Rain) every few minutes. Hasn't snowed for quite some time. Roads are a mess and almost all of the snow has now ended up as a slushy mess.

Is there any chance of wintry precipitation over D15 this weekend? Graupel, hail... Anything but rain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Good JESUS. If that crosses the country, and is full of snow, God knows what's gonna happen!!!???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Holy Moley thats a beast, if thats full of snow we are in for some fun :)

naughto wrote: »
    we might have some action later if the map is to be believed
    3hr-rain.gif

Could you explain that map to a mere mortal please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The coloured bits are precipitation. The intensity is on the scale along the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

I think that map is saying that there's more rain expected for the west. Chances are if there's anything organised it'll fizzle out anyway before it reaches the east. I think the major snow events are over for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Only rain here again, might be a chance of snow later tonight but its still 2 degrees so I cant ese anything off this latest band

The coloured bits are precipitation. The intensity is on the scale along the bottom.

So the number 3 sections are the snow then, yes?

Harps wrote: »
    Only rain here again, might be a chance of snow later tonight but its still 2 degrees so I cant ese anything off this latest band

As it crosses the country, and meets the colder air, I reckon it could turn to snow, sleet etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

Dcully wrote: »
    Holy Moley thats a beast, if thats full of snow we are in for some fun :)

COME ON SNOW! that would like put a foot all over ireland! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

So the number 3 sections are the snow then, yes?
    The Rainfall map shows atmospheric pressure and 3 hour rainfall accumulations. The colour key is in millimetres (mm).
    From the bottom of the page here-
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement