Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current weather in sligo and the west

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Slidey wrote: »
    Where abouts was that MM, looking out the window in Bmote it seems fairly harmless what fell last night

am on Carran hill near geevagh, we allways get loads up here, running total as of now about six inches.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Must be up on 4'' in Ballymote now, as tempted as I am to head out home to the auld pair for tae I think it would be a bad idea, they are on much higher ground

ya stay where you are :), road conditions are like your username:p

another inch since last post:(

ya stay where you are :), road conditions are like your username:p

another inch since last post:(
    I didn't lick the name off a stamp ya know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Still coming down here near Cliffony. Not a huge amount on the ground, but it's all stacking up.

There was a wee drift against the front door when I got back :D

Drove home from town around 5 and it was hairy enough, road surface was ok at that stage, but the snow coming down coupled with dodgy wiper on the jammer reduced visibility significantly.

Christmas party was also cancelled at the 11th hour because of it :mad:

Ah well, have beer, though not much baccy :eek: but maybe I'll throw on the tennis rackets in a bit and have an expedition to the shop.

Roads should be slidey alright, so if you're thinking about going out, take it nice and slow and you'll be grand....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

partner driving from sligo to galway on the n17, just said the conditions are worst he has ever seen and he near had a panic attack in tobercurry (tubbercurry???).. he is a very confident experience drivers and I have never heard him say he has ever paniced.... he is now stuck about 1o miles from tuam on the sligo side, gridlock, flashing blue lights way up ahead, anyone know whats going on there, Im starving and want him to get me some chinese lol xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Coming down heavy in sligo town again, if it freezes tonight we could be well and truely snookered.

Snow Kayaking = awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Fairly crappy out on the roads today... had to drive to Castlebar this morning via Ballina, then onto Claremorris, Kiltimagh & Knock, then back to Sligo.

Fairly sick of the sight of the stuff by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

-10 on the way to work this morning. Brrrrr. My fingers were sore from the cold of the steering wheel - Memo To Self - Get F***in Gloves At Lunchtime -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

-15 this morning on the way to work to sligo, there only putting the bare minimum on the roads it seems. not great at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

BronsonTB wrote: »
    pmsl...what part?? Thaught everywhere had a bit at this stage....

Grange and, don't worry, we have a good bit more than a flake now. :pac:

Although, strangely enough, we seemed to have largely escaped the snowstorm.

Edit: And now here she comes. Ironically, we're back at school today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Been snowing fairly heavy now the past hour in dromore west.

The water is also gone, there's a major problem at the lough easkey reservoir. Council already know about it and are trying to fix it. Hope it's working for christmas. :(

seems to be freezing fog out there i am above it all:D
    view towards knocknarea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Whats the ballina - sligo road like, does anyone know?

-10.2 now in Ballymote

seems to be freezing fog out there i am above it all:D
    view towards knocknarea

Great photo MM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

-13 here, according to Google.

Bored now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Travelling by bus to Sligo from Clare tomorrow - should be a fun journey >_<

Came from Dublin today - the place is insane. Snowing heavily constantly so I'm thinking Sligo's weather will be an improvement on that anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Konata wrote: »
    Came from Dublin today - the place is insane. :P

In Sligo we just cope, in Dublin they can't despite hogging the resources.

To be fair Corvus, Dublin was hit 10 times worse than us.

basquille wrote: »
    To be fair Corvus, Dublin was hit 10 times worse than us.

Thats what they get for being so smug! :D

My sister is supposedly doing the trip to Sligo tomorrow and had to dig her car out of her driveway this morning and AFAIK it snowed again there today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

In Sligo we just cope, in Dublin they can't despite hogging the resources.

If Sligo had the amount of snow that Dublin has right now, and in the past few weeks, the place would be gone insane too. Trust me, walking along LUAS lines, waiting for hours for buses, getting stranded in town, spending 2 1/2 hours in a taxi... yea, Sligo may have bad roads at the moment and the ice is feckin awkward but it just doesn't compare.

Anyway, I made it home after spending 8 hours getting from Ennis to Sligo. Add to that the fact that I spent 8 hours travelling from Dublin to Ennis the day before and 9 hours from Ennis to Dublin on Monday and I am thoroughly sick of snow :P

Yay for finally being home!

Got about an inch of snow here overnight , whats the story out there guys? have roads been treated or is that a silly question?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

The town is all snowy and pretty!! The roads are fine here but then again, they usually are the first to be gritted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm heading to Tubbercurry in a while. A friend that has gone ahead of me said the road is bad - I assume she means slippy because we haven't got that much snow here (Boyle)

Passed the gritting truck going down the Cemetary Road last night about 7.15pm..

.. but don't know about this morning.

Just been to Ballyfarnon on R284 its treated on the sligo part bit slushy but ok, but the roscommon bit isn't , ballyfarnon village is very slippy with compacted snow , there has been another heavy shower since . be carefull out there peeps :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement