Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Oil delivery in Greystones - Beware *

Options
  • 03-12-2010 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I ordered a fill of oil last Friday from Jones Oil (Tallaght depot) as we are running low - have two small children aged 3 and 2 and didn't want to be stuck.

- On Monday morning I was told it would be delivered that afternoon.
    - On Monday afternoon I was told it would be delivered Tuesday.
    - On Tuesday afternoon I was told it would be delivered on Thursday.
    - On Thursday (yesterday) morning 9am I was told it would be delivered Thursday afternoon.
    - On Thursday afternoon 4pm I tried calling but their customer service line was closed.
    - 6 days and no oil delivered

I understand that they are busy and the weather is awful but their customer service is even worse. I had to call them everytime to find out when my oil would be delivered. To top it all they took the money from my bank account on Monday and I still haven't received any oil.
    We have been rationing the oil for the week and reckon we've only got one more day left. After that I don't know how I'm going to keep the house warm.

I won't be using Jones Oil again and warn others to beware. I know that the weather is bad but I have seen other oil companies deliver in our estate. Jones depot is in Tallaght - the M50 /N11 has not been closed any day this week as far as I know.

Fuming!!

Anyone with advice on another company who can deliver today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

we normally use glen fuels
    (01)2861444

im sure they will do there best to help you out if you explain the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

There are multiple Oil Delivery companies local to N. Wicklow.

Glen Fuels
    Clarke Oil (Wicklow) 0404 67312
    Burke Oil, (Rathnew) 040468363
    Ultima Oil (Kilpeddar) 01 2710566
    Wicklow Home Heating

Not trying to point out the obvious, but no reason to order Oil from Tallaght when so many choices on your doorstep. Hope you get sorted out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Glen Fuels are the best. I pay them €100 per month so there isn't a shock when they deliver. I've used them for over 10 years and they've never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Glen Fuels is your only man for Oil delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I'll third that. Glen Fuels all the way.

Friendly service and always there within 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Merrilady wrote: »
    Glen Fuels is your only man for Oil delivery

**UPDATE**

So - I got a call from Jones Oil this morning and they said I wouldn't get a delivery till tomorrow - I was livid - I asked them to provide a guarantee and was told that they couldn't guarantee delivery. I'm waiting to hear back from a manager.

Tried Glen Fuels who were more than helpful but couldn't deliver till next Tuesday due to a backlog. They suggested I call to their yard with a couple of 25litre drums and they would fill them up for me - great service and good to know for contingency. Will call up there this afternoon - they are in Kilmacanogue beside the Topaz station and close at 5:30pm.

Will shop local in future. Avoid Jones Oil - desperate service - awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Have experience with Glen fuels and Ultima.

Both run a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Also the Glen fuel driver will bleed you system for you if you have let it run out. Not all others will provide this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

glen fuels rocks!!
    i rang campus (used to be clarke oil) last thurs 2nd, they said they couldnt deliver till this thurs! rang glen, firstly it was around 5pm, manager answered, said he would do the best he could, oil was delivered on sat, plus they put in 200 euros worth, usually its 500 litres or 1000 litres..
    they are so helpful.
    i would cancel that order with tallaght place and tell them you are ringing joe duffy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

I'd still ring Joe Duffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

patrickpc wrote: »
    I ordered a fill of oil last Friday from Jones Oil (Tallaght depot) as we are running low - have two small children aged 3 and 2 and didn't want to be stuck.

Fuming!!

Anyone with advice on another company who can deliver today?

Did you manage to get oil and when ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

You order oil from a company 50 kilometers away in the worse weather we've had in decades and you complain that they won't drive all the way over to you in jig time in terrible road conditions and you want to shame them.

I use Glen Fuels regurlarly but I doubt that they would have been any good to a customer in Tallaght over the last week or so.

I think the OP should have used common sense and used a local contractor for their home heating oil and not wait until the last minute to order heating oil in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Tallaght to Greystones 50 Km :(

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

More like 30km but trad still has a point. As does op re customer service of jones oil. But its a bit harsh to slate them over delivery problems during the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

trad wrote: »
    You order oil from a company 50 kilometers away in the worse weather we've had in decades and you complain that they won't drive all the way over to you in jig time in terrible road conditions and you want to shame them.

I use Glen Fuels regurlarly but I doubt that they would have been any good to a customer in Tallaght over the last week or so.

I think the OP should have used common sense and used a local contractor for their home heating oil and not wait until the last minute to order heating oil in future.

Mmmmh.

Firstly - I used Jones Oil as they came up as the cheapest provider on the www.cheapestoil.ie website. Unfortunately I was unemployed for 6 months recently and don't have the luxury of chosing my oil suppliers on anything other than price. I don't think I'm the only one in this boat either from what I saw in the social welfare office in Bray.

Secondly - As regards using local suppliers - the Jones oil website www.jonesoil.ie say they have depots in Bray and Arklow - when you buy oil from them online you can't specify which depot it comes from - that's their job. Under normal circumstances it shouldn't matter I guess. It's not my fault they decided to send my oil from Tallaght - I can hardly be blamed for their logistics policies. It was only after phoning them on numerous occasions and dealing with their poor customer service that I was told my oil would be coming from Tallaght.

Thirdly - As regards using local providers - I will definitely be using Glen Fuels in future, if I can afford it. You're right on one thing however - I shouldn't have left it so late to order oil but as I said - I'm not cash rich and some bills are hard to afford and get put on the long finger - we all make mistakes - I'll try to do better in future...

Hope this explains the situation better. I did get my oil from Jones eventually. I got a 25 litre can from Glen to tide me over. Regardless of money I still won't be using Jones Oil again. Companies who treat their customers with disrespect these days just don't deserve the custom - I hope you agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

With regard to price I always ring around 4 or 5 suppliers. Each will undercut the previous by €5-€10 if you tell them what you've been quoted.
    You will know when you reach the floor through which nobody will go. Then I order it at that price from my prefered supplier.
    It's irritating to have to do this each time but leads to substantial savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I stand corrected. 34.8km via the M50 and 40.6km via the R761 and M50 which during the weather we had would have amounted to in excess of one vehicle tied up for at least 4 hours assuming the OP's property was accessable.

I'm just making the point that common sense has to influence decisions in time of extreme weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Have used Ultima for 5 years, always a great service with next day delivery.

Advertisement