Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees

Options
  • 03-12-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy Christmas Trees in Greystones today?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

delivery of Christmas trees to Blacklion stores this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Just got one off Ciaran this afternoon.

Lovely trees and a good price.

Roll on Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Great thanks for your help! I have already started decorating. The snow is really inconvient but at least its christmassy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

too early guys, too early. You'll be sweeping up needles before Christmas week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Was up getting my tree beyond Kilmolin yesterday. Great fun with the kids and a great price to boot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

I believe posh wash in eden gate are selling them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

loyatemu wrote: »
    too early guys, too early. You'll be sweeping up needles before Christmas week.
    Careful Loya! I got slated for questioning Christmas shizzle in November a couple of years back...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Got our tree from Ciaran up at Blacklion. Sound chap. Cheers for the recommendation Swanner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Does anyone know is the guy who was selling Christmas trees at the roundabout near Jackie Skellys going to be back this year?? He was such good value and so helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Was up getting my tree beyond Kilmolin yesterday. Great fun with the kids and a great price to boot!

Can you provide more details ? Is this where you go to choose/cut your own tree ?If so, sounds like great fun.

• Advertisement

From Enniskerry:

MAP

Just before the terminal for the 185 there is a small lane to the right, it is sign posted that the Pet Cemetary is up there.

Go up the lane and 2nd house on the left is the guy that runs the place.

Across the lane is where the trees are. You walk around the fields looking for your ideal tree, if it's not tagged (ie someone else tagged it for themselves) you can get it cut down.

Great fun with the family, just wear rain trousers as any moisture on the trees will soak your own trousers.

Have done this for 4 of the last 5 years and would definitely recommend it.

Plus you are getting a freshly cut tree and not one that has been cut down a few weeks back.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    From Enniskerry:

MAP

Just before the terminal for the 185 there is a small lane to the right, it is sign posted that the Pet Cemetary is up there.

Go up the lane and 2nd house on the left is the guy that runs the place.

Across the lane is where the trees are. You walk around the fields looking for your ideal tree, if it's not tagged (ie someone else tagged it for themselves) you can get it cut down.

Great fun with the family, just wear rain trousers as any moisture on the trees will soak your own trousers.

Have done this for 4 of the last 5 years and would definitely recommend it.

Plus you are getting a freshly cut tree and not one that has been cut down a few weeks back.

do they deliver? I hate trying to cram xmas trees into my boot.

loyatemu wrote: »
    do they deliver? I hate trying to cram xmas trees into my boot.

I have no idea. I just throw mine on to the roof!

They supply a lot of the local sellers as well, Powerscourt House is one. You get it from him for €30 and off them for €80!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

30euro Rosiejoe? Thats brill value - I reckon ill be going there for my tree so - thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

can you give directions from powerscourt or the village. don't know the 185 terminus and the map doesn't seem to work. Any point going at night, are there cut trees on display or floodlights. Is it even open at night.sorry for all the questions.

dr ro wrote: »
    can you give directions from powerscourt or the village. don't know the 185 terminus and the map doesn't seem to work. Any point going at night, are there cut trees on display or floodlights. Is it even open at night.sorry for all the questions.

If you go from the N11, up the 20 bends road towards Enniskerry, when you get to the village just keep driving straight through. Keep going up the road, you come to Kilmolin, just beyond the village there is a severe left corner, about 500 metres beyond this there is a sign posted right turn up a small lane. This is where it is. If you miss this turn, the 185 terminal is about 20 metres up the main road, there is a place on the RHS to let the bus do a u-turn. If you see this you know you have gone too far. This make sense to you?

Here is a link to the 185 route on dublin bus, there is a map on the page you can click to get a better idea of my bad directions.

They have no display area set up where you can view trees. Sometimes they have some trees in the yard that you can buy but at night you wont get an idea what they look like.

You could also look into going to the tree farm in Glencullen, see here for details. Never used it but have heard that it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Got mine in Kilcoole yesterday, 35 quid for a 9ft and they trim the scraggly stuff at the bottom of the tree too if ya want.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Got 2 trees from Leo at the old cinema on Sat last. Haggled on price and got a reduction of €10.
    One started to shed on Monday. Brought it back today, and Leo gave me a new one. He accepted that the one I brought back was not up to the mark. Trees are not cheap and we should expect value for money.

thanks for your help rosiejoe. Went up today and got a tree for 35. Would have paid a lot more elsewhere. Directions easy to follow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Trees in Rathnew beside Tinakilly House € 15.:D

dr ro wrote: »
    thanks for your help rosiejoe. Went up today and got a tree for 35. Would have paid a lot more elsewhere. Directions easy to follow too.

Excellent, hope you enjoyed the day. Did you go into the fields to pick it?

na too mucky and the kids were freezing. The girls showed us what we were looking for and we got sorted quickly. 4 and 2y olds don't like hanging around in bitterly cold weather!

Anyone know where I can recycle my Christmas tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

audreyp wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can recycle my Christmas tree?

Opposite the Rugby Club on the Mill Road.

http://www.wicklow.ie/apps/wicklowbeta/Environment/pdfs/Co%20Co%20Recycle_New%20Year%20page.pdf

the scouts might be round picking them up also - they weren't able to last year due to the snow (the trunk of last years tree is still in my garden)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Saw one abandoned on the hard shoulder of the M11 yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

eigrod wrote: »
    Opposite the Rugby Club on the Mill Road.

But not until 6th Jan.

Last night there were skinheads on my lawn

So why not take them bowling? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

But not until 6th Jan.

Yeah, but you can leave them in that lay-by before then. At least that has been the practice in previous years (and before that when it was in the car park at the Civil Offices).

I haven't been down at the Mill Road, but I would almost guarantee that there are trees there already.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Advertisement