Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

road conditions

Options
  • 03-12-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

anyone know what state the roads are in from tuam to castlerea,down through dunmore and williamstown? i know there probably bad,but how bad is the question? was hoping to go home for wend but dont know whether to risk it or not.
    thanks for any info
    amy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

The road from Dunmore to Williamstown is ok,after that I couldn't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lumo22

Tuam To Dunmore is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭threeleggedhors

Anybody know what the road from Tuam to Athlone via the bog road is like ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Anybody know what the road from Tuam to Athlone via the bog road is like ??

I travelled it Wednesday and it was dodgy to say the least but if you take your time it's ok,having said that there's been a thaw the last 2 days so I'm sure it's not as bad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

I travel both roads pretty regular, tuam to castlerea is ok but take care, there are bad spots, bog road to athlone was a nightmare last week - i couldn;t get past 5mph so go the motorway!!! Safer option, be careful people, I travel a lot and the roads are bad in spots when you think they are ok

• Advertisement

hanns.s wrote: »
    I travel both roads pretty regular, tuam to castlerea is ok but take care, there are bad spots, bog road to athlone was a nightmare last week - i couldn;t get past 5mph so go the motorway!!! Safer option, be careful people, I travel a lot and the roads are bad in spots when you think they are ok

The Mrs. decided to chance this road on Friday and it was a big mistake. Said it was a nightmare. 20 to 30mph the whole way, slowing down to 5mph when other cars approached, very very slippy. Thanks for the advice just didn't get to see it on time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

More to the point ..... Are them roadworks in Tuam finally gone? Travelling from Castlebar to Galway today. See tailbacks at Claregalway. Am I better go Headford way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

More to the point ..... Are them roadworks in Tuam finally gone? Travelling from Castlebar to Galway today. See tailbacks at Claregalway. Am I better go Headford way?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

hanns.s wrote: »
    :(

Thanks Hann.s .... Its been months!!:mad:

Roadworks are here for sure but Tuam is only a problem if you're hitting it at a bad time of the day. Got stuck coming from Galway yesterday at about 17:30 for 40mins in Tuam, nightmare. Hope this bypass doesn't get mothballed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement