Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mvision 300 software update.

• 03-12-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

I bought a mvision 300 HD combi reciever which shows it had last software update over a year ago, I noticed a glitch which sometimes causes mometory loss of channel for few seconds which is not caused by dish-cabeling and was hoping a software update might cure fault, Could anyone please explain how i can perform recent software update and give link, also is itv1-2-3-4 availible in HD ifso what are TP details, thanks for replys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

You need to download the correct firmware for your box from here. Read the rtf file with it

quote from rtf
    *If you already have a release after 4.43 you don't need to update the file 'HD300E_conv.UAD'
    /quote

Extract zip contents to USB key and plug into mvision front socket. Use menu to go to USB and use the red/green key (I forget which) to save your channel list first. You can save channel list and/or channel list plus firmware. Very important to save the list anyhow as it can disappear. Then navigate until you find the upgrade file. There are 3. Latest is 4.74, bootloader v21, and the interim step up HD300E_conv.UAD if you have 4.43 or earlier. Click Select/OK on the file and then choose SW update. Box reboots after each one.

rtf gives order
    - First: Load HD300E_Conv.UAD file*. (IF REQUIRED)
    -Second: Upgrade software using the 'HD300E_ 0474.UAD' file.
    -Then upgrade bootloader using the 'HD300E_DBoot_V0021.UBT' file.

To get your channel list back if needed hightlight it and press select/ok.

ITV1 HD / BBC 1 HD / BBC HD can be found here.

ITV 2 / 3 / 4 HD only on Sky sub.

Regards
    Dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

MBSnr wrote: »
    You need to download the correct firmware for your box from here. Read the rtf file with it

quote from rtf
    *If you already have a release after 4.43 you don't need to update the file 'HD300E_conv.UAD'
    /quote

Extract zip contents to USB key and plug into mvision front socket. Use menu to go to USB and use the red/green key (I forget which) to save your channel list first. You can save channel list and/or channel list plus firmware. Very important to save the list anyhow as it can disappear. Then navigate until you find the upgrade file. There are 3. Latest is 4.74, bootloader v21, and the interim step up HD300E_conv.UAD if you have 4.43 or earlier. Click Select/OK on the file and then choose SW update. Box reboots after each one.

rtf gives order
    - First: Load HD300E_Conv.UAD file*. (IF REQUIRED)
    -Second: Upgrade software using the 'HD300E_ 0474.UAD' file.
    -Then upgrade bootloader using the 'HD300E_DBoot_V0021.UBT' file.

To get your channel list back if needed hightlight it and press select/ok.

ITV1 HD / BBC 1 HD / BBC HD can be found here.

ITV 2 / 3 / 4 HD only on Sky sub.

Regards
    Dan
    Dan, how do i cheak release 4.43 and weather reciever needs to be updated,
    Many thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

In the menu there is an option called "System Info". Will tell you the firmware version and the bootloader version.

MBSnr wrote: »
    In the menu there is an option called "System Info". Will tell you the firmware version and the bootloader version.

Thanks Dan, Happy xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

My epg has trouble loading up what programmes are on, on a few channels it shows whats on in the next hour, others are blank, is there anyway to improve this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lgs 4

get a freesat humax pvr hd box all updates are send over nite like sky and no problem with epg

shortys94 wrote: »
    My epg has trouble loading up what programmes are on, on a few channels it shows whats on in the next hour, others are blank, is there anyway to improve this?

Have you tried updating software which might help cure potential software glitch.

shortys94 wrote: »

I think I know what you are meaning. On Sat channels when you press the EPG button it will load "Now & Next" data for the channel you are on and possibly a few others around it that are on the same sat transponder. Sometimes the EPG will be blank but if you move down to another channel and view that it tends to populate the EPG channel details above. That's a quirk of the box I think.

But overal that's just the way it works. The box only has one tuner so can only load the now and next data for the channel you are watching. The DTT should have more EPG data - 7 days I think but I do find it patchy - not sure if that is a box or transmitter thing.

Advertisement