Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little hands

• 03-12-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Morning...

Looking for any tips on how to keep little one's hands warm. She can wake a few times during the night for her dummy and her hands are always so cold. They were icy this morning and im heartbroken thinking she's cold. She wears a long sleeve vest, a fleece pj's, a gro bag (tog 2.5) and two blankets over this.

I've put gloves and even socks on her hands but these come off with all the twisting and turning...

Her neck feels lovely and warm its just her hands.

Really appreciate any tips...

A worried mum
    x

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't worry. That's normal. If her neck feels fine she's grand. They can't regulate their temperature as well as adults and often have cold feet and hands. It doesn't bother them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Thanks Das Kitty

The heat is on & off too during the night so was at a loss at what else to do.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

For peace of mind you could get a room thermometer. Once their body is warm they're fine.

We have one, room is always warm and toasty for her..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I got Megan some big fluffy pyjamas and the sleeves are nice and long to cover her little hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

Hi WWC1
    I've been worried about the same thing with the recent cold snap so now I put mittens on my 7 month old daughter after she has fallen asleep. That way she can't pull them off :) It does help a little but her hands are always much colder than her body as she sleeps with her hands up by her ears and won't keep them tucked under the blanket. I agree with others, once her body is warm, then you don't have anything to worry about.
    Regards
    MusRo

Hi MusRo,

Yea, all of the things I've tried the mittens were the most successful alto with the current bout of teething one is alway wet and cold in the morning from her sucking/chewing on it. Sneak in too when she's asleep to put them on, only have the light of her mobile on so usually end up stubbing a toe or banging into door on way out. She sleeps with her hands up like that too! Will persevere with the mittens and hope she decides she likes to sleep with her hands tucked in...

Advertisement