Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is best value on coal turf etc?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi can anyone advise me where I can get best value for coal, briquettes etc; my heating is not working and have been told it will cost €1000 to get it fixed, I'm on social welfare so not a hope of getting it done :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

What's wrong with the heating?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 juji

It was really loud like a kettle boiling only much louder, only a couple of rads were heating, I got a plumber and he said I needed the whole system drained and back-washed and also needed to new motorized valves, total cost €998. I have since had a second opinion (without mentioning first guy) and was told the same thing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Balls. Which county are you in and I'll move this thread. The county specific forums generally get more traffic than the N/E.

You may even get a boardsie to give you a 3rd opinion.

Advertisement