Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW polo oxygen sensor

• 03-12-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

My sisters 1.0l 99 Polo is running a bit rough. I plugged my vag-com in to it and its showing a fault with the oxygen sensor.

Can this thing be taken out and cleaned or must it be replaced. Where is it located.

Would this leave the car heavier on petrol..

Cheers..:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

What is the fault code? should be 5 digit like 16514

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The oxygen sensor seems to have disappered and now this..:confused:

ddress 17: Instruments Labels: 6N0-919-xxx-17.lbl
    Part No: 6N0 919 910 N
    Component: KOMBIINSTRUMENT MMO V19
    Coding: 00441
    Shop #: WSC 00963
    1 Fault Found:
    01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2)
    30-00 - Open or Short to Plus

Thats instruments, faults there will have no effect on engine!

crosshair1 wrote: »
    Thats instruments, faults there will have no effect on engine!

I know the o2 sensor wont fault now for some reason..:rolleyes:

Thats the only fault now whatever it is I dont know.

Also same car is roasting oil.. Any suggestions on sorting that..

Anyways to answer your question the only thing you can do about a faulty o2 sensor is replace it.
    However that would not be advisable until you have proved it faulty and that its not something wiring/ecu related

Oil consumed tends to soot up the o2 sensor also.

• Advertisement

Anyone have a fix for the roasting oil????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Anything between valve stem seals / blocked breathers / worn piston rings / worn everything. In view of the age of the car, large scale work would probably be uneconomic.

Also your fault code "01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor" indicates that something is awry with the CTS or its connections. The ECU relies on knowing the correct coolant temperature before it runs closed loop (i.e. it relies on the O2 sensor to calculate the fueling / mixture). This can give rise to certain range / performance errors with the O2 sensor in certain circumstances.

Advertisement