Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Magic Numbers Killarney 2 December

Options
  • 03-12-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Right, first off the room was really cold,and a crowd of about 100 didn't help that either.
    The freezing conditions outside probably contributed to the poor showing though.
    Dry The River are great! The soaring harmonies, impassioned songwriting, the violin!
    A very pleasant surprise, I picked up a cd off the bass player after, very tasty (the cd).

As for The Numbs, they looked a little perturbed to be honest, it was a sit down gig
    and even more reserved than usual given the relatively small number of people in attendance.
    They played like troupers though, great songs, singing and playing (the harmonica solo from Sean was cool).
    The songs from the new cd sound great live and stand up with the best of their back catalogue imho.

Michelle looked great - she seems to have 'redefined' herself since I last saw them and plays the rock goddess to a tee.
    Angela seemed relaxed despite some early sound issues and sported hot pants in conditions that were anything but hot.
    Sean and Romeo are like a band within a band to me they are just superb.

Advertisement