Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Hill

Options
  • 03-12-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a decent hill where I could try to snowboard within walking distance of Carlow town.

I haven't taken the car out since Tuesday and I don't intend to so it has to be within walking distance.

Something long and gradual would be preferable to anything short and steep as I'll have to walk up it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

The town park in Graiguecullen is the first one that comes to mind, nice bit of hill beside the playground...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

too small. I'd be up and down every 5 seconds.
    Its not like a sledge where you just sit on and go. You've to strap yourself into a snowboard.
    Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Try get a a taxi to barrack hill down outside old leighlin if you really want a hill:D

sharky86 wrote: »
    Try get a a taxi to barrack hill down outside old leighlin if you really want a hill:D

But what if it keeps snowing, and the taxi isn't able to come back to collect me?
    Fuxxered!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

ShayK1 wrote: »
    But what if it keeps snowing, and the taxi isn't able to come back to collect me?
    Fuxxered!

My cousin who works for ESB and who was repairing fallen wires , said that there was people snowboarding on Mt lienster yesterday while he was working there :eek:

• Advertisement

zeds alive wrote: »
    My cousin who works for ESB and who was repairing fallen wires , said that there was people snowboarding on Mt lienster yesterday while he was working there :eek:

awesome! :D
    Some mates of mine tried it last year or the year before but there wasn't enough snowfall.

It'd be a fair walk to Mt Leinster from here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

head up to browneshill,walk up to wall's forge,turn left over link road,at the crossroad turn right,nice long slope from top to bottom,be careful but,some 4*4's are still making it up,have fun!

feelinfoul wrote: »
    head up to browneshill,walk up to wall's forge,turn left over link road,at the crossroad turn right,nice long slope from top to bottom,be careful but,some 4*4's are still making it up,have fun!

Are you talking about browneshill Avenue here?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Browneshill+Ave&daddr=Browneshill+Ave&hl=en&geocode=FaosJgMd4siW_w%3BFXotJgMdm-iW_w&mra=me&mrcr=0&mrsp=1,0&sz=17&sll=52.832873,-6.89184&sspn=0.00315,0.009645&ie=UTF8&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

thats the hill i think... but if you do venture be careful, i live at the top of it and 4x4 are still getting up and down it! prob one of the busiest secondary roads around town today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

yup,thats her!;)

• Advertisement

I went out for a look.
    Too much traffic there. It'd be too dangerous.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Why the need for a hill Shay? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I wouldn't go near Mt Leinster Bunclody is very badly hit, all by roads around there are impassable

tombull82 wrote: »
    Why the need for a hill Shay? :D

eh.. cause I'm not a wreckless idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi shay not sure if ur still looking for a hill just remembered that Hanover st is closed so may suit for your needs

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi shay not sure if ur still looking for a hill just remembered that Hanover st is closed so may suit for your needs

I've been looking at it tommy. I think I copped it too late though.
    I only thought of it lastnight. Might try it if we get another dump of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Wonder would mick give us a loan of the quad, as the field behind the house out there would be deadly!!!

Advertisement