Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot @ Sonisphere UK 2011

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Will be my 3rd time seeing them, this came completely out of left field alright, and I think more than a few of you will be heading over to Knebworth. Having said that, this might be a UK Sonisphere exclusive, but it may lead to an Irish date if you're VERY VERY VERY lucky.

Of course now you'll have to think - who is their new bassist going to be?

slipknot150.jpg

I believe Slipknot have only played here twice, once as support to Metallica, and then indoors at the RDS - I believe the sound sucked!
    The first of the headliners can already be revealed. Iowa’s favourite sons, Slipknot will perform this summer at Sonisphere, including an exclusive UK performance at Knebworth.

One of the biggest bands in the world, UK headbangers have embraced their fiercely heavy yet enchantingly melodic sound from the off, with 1999’s “Slipknot” album achieving platinum status here. What followed was a meteoric rise to superstardom the likes of which the metal scene had never known; Top 40 singles, sold out arena tours and a media frenzy that left no one in any doubt that Slipknot’s impact in the world of music would be a permanent one. Since then, the Maggots – or Slipknot fans to the uninitiated – have ensured subsequent albums have all reached top 5 chart positions, and that there is always a warm welcome when they occupy the arenas or festival fields of the UK.

Now Slipknot returns, bringing their famously chaotic live show to Knebworth for the first time. The summer dates mark their first without founding member, Paul Gray who tragically passed away earlier this year.

Say Slipknot: “We’re looking forward to spending our summer in Europe. This tour is about us and our fans. It’s about celebrating the life of our brother, Paul and his legacy. The door is neither open nor closed. This tour is about burning down that door. See you this summer.”

UK festival goers are in for a devastating delight, when the green grass of Knebworth shakes with the vibrations of tens of thousands of Maggots moshing in unison.

Look out for Monday’s announcement with more line up and full ticketing and on-sale info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

A suprise to say the least, no one seen that one coming!
    However having been blown away by them @Download 09, I think ill leave it be, that memorys too good, to go see 8 of them and some stand in bassist stand in the background

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i seen that in Germany last year and were great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

If this remains, I can't see Slipknot recording another album ever again, treat the Sonisphere gig as one of their last really. He won't tour for long either.
    SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor has reiterated that he has no plans to make a new album with the band anytime soon, despite the fact that the Iowa-based group has just confirmed a headlining appearance at the Sonisphere series of European festivals, including an exclusive U.K. appearance at Knebworth (set for July 8-10, 2011).

Writing on his Twitter page, Taylor said, "Yes, we are playing Sonisphere U.K. And a few [other festivals] to be announced.

"Like I said: Shows? Yes. Album? No. Baby steps, people. For the fans.

"Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the tour. But it's for the fans, and for the family.

"We'll see."

"I don't know WHEN I'll be ready to make an album. Might not be for years. But we will definitely play shows.

"We'll see what happens."

SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison said earlier this week that he and other members of the eight-piece band were already separately recording demos of new material, which he hoped to begin recording sometime in early 2011.

Taylor has maintained for months that he has no desire at this point to make a new record without SLIPKNOT bassist Paul Gray, who died last May of a drug overdose.

Taylor and SLIPKNOT guitarist Jim Root have been on the road with their other band, STONE SOUR, since early summer.

Jordison has toured with ROB ZOMBIE and recorded a new album with his band MURDERDOLLS, although that group just canceled a tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Seen them the three times they hit Ireland (the first of which was up in Belfast), and they always put on a stunning show. Seems strange however that they are still gigging after Pig's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Slipknot have also been confirmed as headliners of Graspop Festival in Belgium. They will headline on Sunday 26 June, 2011.

http://www.graspop.be/2010/en/index.html

Biffy Clyro headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

after such a big first announcement with slipknot, this is a major let down.
    classic case of "spent all our money getting slipknot, now who can we afford?:confused:
    not going down well on the soni forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

hellyeah wrote: »
    after such a big first announcement with slipknot, this is a major let down.
    classic case of "spent all our money getting slipknot, now who can we afford?:confused:
    not going down well on the soni forum.

The band who have had the biggest year of their careers to date? Biffy have the potential to go down amazingly well at it, lets hope they play enough from first 3 albums.

Mushy wrote: »
    The band who have had the biggest year of their careers to date? Biffy have the potential to go down amazingly well at it, lets hope they play enough from first 3 albums.

i get what you are saying but think these guys maybe just to tame/radio friendly for a metal/rock festivel imo. saturday night at a uk festivel i want to party!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

hellyeah wrote: »
    i get what you are saying but think these guys maybe just to tame/radio friendly for a metal/rock festivel imo. saturday night at a uk festivel i want to party!!!:eek:

Well Biffys eariler stuff is quite heavy and chances are they will play that kinda stuff at the festival which would be great if ur a fan of biffy since the start

And 1 or 2 from Only Revolutions and Puzzle

the big 4 just confirmned. :D

Advertisement