If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPG on Philips 32PFL5404

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hope I'm not being too cheeky as I didn't get the set from you :o

Is it possible to get the EPG to show for Saorview channels on the 32PFL5404? Philips website suggests only with an internet connection, but as far as I can see there's no way to attach a CAT 5 cable. Can it be done with wireless via USB?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hope I'm not being too cheeky as I didn't get the set from you :o

Is it possible to get the EPG to show for Saorview channels on the 32PFL5404? Philips website suggests only with an internet connection, but as far as I can see there's no way to attach a CAT 5 cable. Can it be done with wireless via USB?

I have a philips pfl8664 and it doesn't apperar on my tv. It is supposed to be sent using mheg5 on the digital terrestrial but if it isn't then you will just see teletext. As far as I know you don't need a cat 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Vinniemac
    Dont see why not as I can access the EPG on our 26PFL3405 instore and this TV has not internet connection.

I'll set up a 32PFL5405H and try it out for ya

atb
    Ash

Hi again

had a little play about and we cant access the EPG...
    The Program Guide Option just gives you a brief description of the channel you are on at the moment.

I've spoken with our Tech bods in Philips and they say there is no reason why you shouldn't but as they are shutting up shop (ice problems....wusses!) they will have to get back to me with an answer on Monday - He has emailed the tech guys in Eindhoven.

Will repoty back then

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

change your country to the uk. You'll then have the epg. They don't seem to have the setting correct for ireland. they seem to be fairly good with regards to upgrading firmware i reckon if a few of us contact philips support they'll do a fix.

• Advertisement

Hi Vinniemac

Sorry due to stupidity i miss read your TV as 5405....and not as 5404

I have set up a 42PFL5405H and re-tuned in the digital channels using UK as county option - first time around it was set to FRANCE. (rechecked after I read Ted1 post...thanks)

EPG updated itself once retuned and works grand now.

Let me know how you get on

atb
    Ash

Sorted :D thanks guys!!

Hi Vinniemac

Sorry due to stupidity i miss read your TV as 5405....and not as 5404

I have set up a 42PFL5405H and re-tuned in the digital channels using UK as county option - first time around it was set to FRANCE. (rechecked after I read Ted1 post...thanks)

EPG updated itself once retuned and works grand now.

Let me know how you get on

atb
    Ash
    Hi, with the country set to the UK, does it pick up the mpeg4 irish channels too or the UK mpeg2?
    thanks

I got the Irish channels once I retuned with the country set to UK. Just using a small antenna in the room

vinniemac wrote: »
    I got the Irish channels once I retuned with the country set to UK. Just using a small antenna in the room

Thanks, I will try it later and hopefully will see some EPG. Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

In a similar vein to this current thread (and because I don't particularly want to start my own..)

I can't access the EPG with my 8404 I bought last year. I had the TV set to Ireland and installed the channels - the guide button worked and I had this EPG provided by tvtv :)

However I didn't have fancy digital teletext so I swapped to UK and reinstalled the channels.

Now when I hit the Guide button I'm brought to the Net TV screen, just like I would be by hitting the Net TV button itself. I've cleared the Net TV cache but there's no Guide in there anyways.

So I went to Installation->Preferences->Programme guide and changed it from 'Network' to 'Broadcast', but none of the Irish channels show up in this guide (leaving aside the built-in EPG is brutal :P). Where did the tvtv guide go? :(

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Thanks, I will try it later and hopefully will see some EPG. Thanks for the info

I set my box to UK from Ireland and did a full search.

It picked up all irish channels and some Uk(very weak signal though).

Pressed the teletext/mheg 5 button and hey presto a similar screen to the teletext on sky satellite.
    Also pressing info on remote shows whats on now and next and pressing guide shows full irish DTT listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The EPG on my 8404 defaults to an online EPG when I have it connected to my router. Can I change this?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.