Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anyone with the "cure" for conjunctivitis please

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone could help me. Does anyone know of anyone with the "cure" for conjunctivitis as my 5 year old son suffers from this regularly and it's just awful for him. I'm in the Dundalk area but am willing to travel anywhere at this stage (within reason!).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

You signed up to boards to ask this?

No offence but ya don't sound like a great parent!

Bring the child to a doctor asap.....or it could sort it self out in a few days!:pac:

From wikipedia..

Conjunctivitis resolves in 65% of cases without treatment, within 2 – 5 days. The prescribing of antibiotics to most cases is not necessary.

Or phone Biggins!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭kyosushi

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=254#q2

Do not put anything in a child's eye .(see an oculist )

Plus the smallest thing you ever put in a child's ear........ is your elbow.

Never ask advise on a forum of keyboard doctors .

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

Try www.conjunctivitis.com.....I believe it's a SITE for sore eyes!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Take the child to a doctor for a professional opinion.

I'm closing this as posters have saw fit to dispense silly treatment advice without any knowledge on what's actually wrong which is incredibly dangerous and could cause permanent damage to a child's eye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement