Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accomodation Semester 2

Options
  • 03-12-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey Guys,

I'm from the Netherlands and I'll be studying Law at UCD during the second half of this year (semester 2). I'm still looking for a room on campus. I received my student number two weeks ago and applied for campus accomodation.

I was put on a waitlist (11th place), but now I'm able to book a room. Only residence that is still open is Blackrock. From what I've read so far, Blackrock is not ideal. Busline to UCD terrain etc :(

Besides the fact that blackrock might not be the coolest residence, I'm unable to pay a deposit via SIS web. The website tries to link to my local bank but an error is showed.

Due to the snow the Accomodation Office is closed.

Is there anyone looking for a renter in the period jan - may? Or do you know someone who has a room available on campus? Please send me a message! I would really like to have a room on Belgrove or Merville...

Do you guys have any tips on what to do next?

I already e-mailed the Accomodation Office, but no reply.

Thanks already

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

your best option is to ring and speak to a manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

PieterK123 wrote: »
    I'm unable to pay a deposit via SIS web. The website tries to link to my local bank but an error is showed.

The problem with SIS may be that you are paying more than 1500 in a single transaction. Try and pay in a couple of smaller installments, it might work for you that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PieterK123

Thanks for your reactions.

Total amount is 350 EUR, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I hope they'll offer me a room on Belfield campus, do you guys have any idea if these residences are already fully booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I hope they'll offer me a room on Belfield campus, do you guys have any idea if these residences are already fully booked?
    Yeah their booked, I looked for one a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I would still try a different credit card and other similar options first. It is difficult to know what exactly what the problem is without seeing it. Are you filling in every option? Some people with a debit card mistakenly only enter the card number.

On campus in Belfield in extremely unlikely at this stage of the year. You could try a website like www.daft.ie or www.findahome.ie

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/mainmenu/studentaccommodation/off-campushousing/
    Some students prefer the relative quiet and homely comforts of lodging with a family. We hold a list of families who offer bed, breakfast and evening meal for either five or seven days per week. Other students prefer to rent an apartment or a house which can also find on the listing.

To search this list go to www.findahome.ie . Under the heading "Colleges" choose "Dublin" and then "UCD". When asked for the login password type "belfield" and submit. You will now be able to search the listings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I wouldn't get disheartened. Many students are bound to be here for only the single semester, and I am sure at some point they will have a room available. As far as I know, last year, there were a number of empty rooms in January after students left.
    As for the payment issue, I would contact the main accommodation office in Merville. We were told by email on Thursday that this office would deal with any issues we had due to the weather, so I assume somebody should be there to deal with your situation! Something odd is going on, if the main accommodation office is closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

On another note, if you are able to log into your UCD connect account, check the notice board frequently. There are regular updates on accommodation for rent/rooms to share etc in the surrounding area.

Advertisement