Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ploughs = No Cats Eyes

Options
  • 03-12-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Now that more and more contractors are incorrectly placing cats eyes in the ground. More often that not they are not sinking them deeply enough into the blacktop.

Bring on the snow plough and "bing bing bing", pop they go out of the ground.

Dag nabbit! :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

That's why they don't use cat's eyes in Ontario, for instance. Although they do in New York State, which gets the same weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

The don't use them in Germany either, well I've never seen any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Do you reckon the M9 is minus a few hundred now?

1224284487918_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I wonder if DCC still have those 2nd hand plough attachments they bought from eastern europe. Left hand drive units that drive snow into the oncoming lane inside of the side of the road.

IDIOTS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Snow Ploughs = No Cats Eyes:eek:

Is this true?, I saw a cats eye once that was up-rooted when a road was being re-surfaced - they are quite deep-rooted. I would be surprised if the snow ploughs could dig them up.

• Advertisement

It's not really a case of digging 'em out, more decapitating them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Furet wrote: »
    Do you reckon the M9 is minus a few hundred now?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/images/2010/1201/1224284487918_1.jpg
    While passing through the roundabout at the end this morning, I did spot an electronic sign warning of no cats eyes on it.

Advertisement