Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Up From Cork Tomorrow

Options
  • 03-12-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of driving up to Dublin tomorrow from Cork. Are the roads really as bad as they are saying on the news? I probably won't hit Dublin till about 1 or 2 o' clock. Might be a bit of a thaw by then.
    Anyone know what the M8/M7 are like? The Naas Rd, Red Cow? I'm staying in The Gibson hotel, next to the O2. Is the City Centre deadly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well if you're doubting the news, I have it from the horse's mouth from a number of family/friends in Dublin - yes, it's really that bad. I know one guy whose company is putting him up in a hotel because he's on call and it's either the hotel or risk him not being able to make it to work when needed. I believe it's very, very bad by the Red Cow too. Probably not wise to drive up - get the train. It's supposed to be freezing on it though! The roads are supposed to be really dodgy around Cork today too due to it raining overnight and the surface temperature being so low.

Advertisement