Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod trying to arrange fights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If there's a problem with a post, use the 'report post' function (little red triangle with an ! in it), that alerts the mods and cmods of that forum & they can deal with it properly then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You obviously know he wasn't being serious. I actually admire his patience. If I was modding that forum I'd have handed out a few warnings on that thread for malevolant sh1te like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

star-pants wrote: »
    If there's a problem with a post, use the 'report post' function (little red triangle with an ! in it), that alerts the mods and cmods of that forum & they can deal with it properly then.
    But that just alerts this mod I thought. No point reporting him to himself. I;d assume his buddy mods are going to take his side. I want to bring it to the independent mod comission.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lol at you wanting to draw attention to that thread.

You come across as an absolutely horrible person IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Heh, use something which you know isn't serious to pretend to be outraged about - you're right, his "buddy" mods (because automatically all the mods are buddies on the basis of being mods, even those who couldn't stand each other beforehand) WILL back him up.

• Advertisement

Scambuster wrote: »
    But that just alerts this mod I thought. No point reporting him to himself. I;d assume his buddy mods are going to take his side. I want to bring it to the independent mod comission.

It will alert all the mods of that forum, and they will respond. It also alerts the CMod of that section. If you are unhappy with the mods of that forums' decision after you have reported it, you can then take it to the CMod explaining your reasoning.

It will alert all the mods of that forum, and they will respond. It also alerts the CMod of that section. If you are unhappy with the mods of that forums' decision after you have reported it, you can then take it to the CMod explaining your reasoning.
    Can I not just skip a few of these steps as I already know the answer. I want to take it to the top mods.

Can I not just skip a few of these steps as I already know the answer. I want to take it to the top mods.

This is the problem, people skip the regular mods and try and jump to the top. It doesn't work that way, that's why there is a system in place.
    Have you even reported it? How do you know all the co-mods will back up this particular mod? All mods don't just rally together for the craic, if one or more feels one is wrong in their action, they'll say so. If you go to a CMod they will ask you 'did you contact the mods of that forum first?' so you might as well go the correct route.

Post reported. Anything less than this man being stipped of the dublin city mod will be a failure of the reporting system in my mind. I'm going to contact the heads of his martial art in Ireland as well.

I think you're being a bit overly dramatic - I don't think he was being serious anyway.

But as I said, if you've a problem, you need to go about it the right way by reporting it first (as you say you have just done).

btw, you do know you actually have to report the post, not just say 'post reported'? (as you've not actually reported the post in question yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Speaking as the relevant CMod, I'd have banned bonerm permanently from the entire Sports category by this point for threatening behaviour. Doesn't matter that it's a martial arts forum, assault is assault and threatening someone with it isn't on. So from my point of view, bonerm's getting treated very fairly already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Keyboard warriors of the world unite!!!

This has the makings of a good feedback thread. TBH the mod was messing, he wouldnt be so retarded as to actually arrange fights, he is not 12.

Sparks wrote: »
    Speaking as the relevant CMod, I'd have banned bonerm permanently from the entire Sports category by this point for threatening behaviour. Doesn't matter that it's a martial arts forum, assault is assault and threatening someone with it isn't on. So from my point of view, bonerm's getting treated very fairly already.
    And what about the mod in question here?

20 minutes later and I have seen no action taken. Time to call in the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Post reported. Anything less than this man being stipped of the dublin city mod will be a failure of the reporting system in my mind. I'm going to contact the heads of his martial art in Ireland as well.

if you really want to make a complaint, you need to do so in this forum,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

but I think your talking out of your hat and making assumptions.

And what about the mod in question here?

20 minutes later and I have seen no action taken. Time to call in the Gardai?

I've already told you, that you haven't reported the post from that forum yet, how can they act when you don't report it?

Oh looked I'm banned from Dublin City by the bully.

I've already told you, that you haven't reported the post from that forum yet, how can they act when you don't report it?
    i have reported it. 30 minutes ago
    I can't re report it as I'm banned.

i have reported it. 30 minutes ago
    I can't re report it as I'm banned.
    Well the report never went through, are you sure boards didn't time out on you?
    I'm not being smart, I've looked and it's not there. The only reported post in the last while from you is the one from this thread here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm going to contact the heads of his martial art in Ireland as well.

no you're not - and we all know it. You're embarrassing yourself tbh.

• Advertisement

Maybe it did, having problems here all day. Well I can't report it now as the carpet has been pulled from underneath me by Mr. Martial Arts himself.

tbh wrote: »
    no you're not - and we all know it. You're embarrassing yourself tbh.

You said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You said it.

who were you before? how come you got banned? Was it for stuff you thought was hilarious?

Well then use your quote from the first thread & PM the mods of that forum & the CMod with that link and let them take it from there.
    Or as Thaed directed you to, the DRP forum. Making threats here about MA & Gardaí won't do you any favours.

tbh wrote: »
    who were you before? how come you got banned? Was it for stuff you thought was hilarious?
    Take it to pm mate. I've made a fool of you enough in public.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

witness-this-epic-thread.gif&t=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

As far as I remember, you were dishing out sterling advice to batter kids throwing snowballs and terming it 'exhilirating'.

Joke of a feedback thread.

stovelid wrote: »
    As far as I remember, you were dishing out sterling advice to batter kids throwing snowballs and terming it 'exhilirating'.

Joke of a feednack thread.

Well we could have discussed my advice in the dublin city thread if it wasn't locked by someone. This is not the place for it.

Can somebody report the post for me as its going to be a pain drafting a pm to a load of mods.

(2) thanks from: Makikomi, MUSSOLINI
    In good company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh looked I'm banned from Dublin City by the bully.

It has been a while from whence a feedback thread has made me laugh so much, thank you for cheering up my day.

I've gotten used to people trying to claim I am a bully but seriously that so is not the case with the mod you are trying attack to the point I am in a fit of giggles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement