Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Socks needed!

Options
  • 03-12-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I just moved to Wexford and don't know the area very well. I was wondering if anybody here knows of anywhere in the Gorey region that might have snow socks available or be able to order them in??

I was going to order some from micksgarage.ie but they are out of stock till Wednesday. This is not so much for me but the mrs who faces a daunting trip to work on Monday (our estate is on a hill and not gritted).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Theres a tyre place opposite Lidl,they might be able to sort you out,the problem now is freezing rain causing ice,it's lethal no matter what you have on the tyres.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

It's John Bass Tyres Arklow rd gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

A few days ago I saw a car that had a nylon rope threaded around the tyre through the alloy wheel gaps.
    I didn't get a chance to ask the driver how effective it was, but I think, myself, it would improve the traction to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

tommy hyland motor factor in gorey beside the train station has chains available anyway

Advertisement