Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help wit present

• 03-12-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys, lookin to buy my boyfriend an xbox for christmas, i have no idea what i need to get, what do people think is the best one to go for? Wat do i need to get wit it? My budget is about €300. Hope you's can help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

well id say your best bet is getting the new 250gb xbox. this is around €250. if he has been talking about kinect ( new cool xbox thing ) it'l be around €350 for both. there is also a 4gb version which is 170 in harvey norman atm but i wouldnt recommend it. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Only real option is a new 250gig slim console question is if you want kinect with it. 350 with kinect 250-270 without

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

well id say your best bet is getting the new 250gb xbox. this is around €250. if he has been talking about kinect ( new cool xbox thing ) it'l be around €350 for both. there is also a 4gb version which is 170 in harvey norman atm but i wouldnt recommend it. hope this helps

Yeah definitely go for the 250gb, the 4gb is cheaper but its just not enough space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sing when your winnin

Yeah and the kinect is actually a good laugh aswell, I was expecting it to be fillied with faults but they seem to have done a great job with it. But defo the 250gb slim if he would play alot of games. 4gb can get filled up quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Best bang for buck value I've seen on a 250GB without kinect was actually in Xtravision. €250 for the console and a free game from a choice of five, I believe. They're five of the best and most recent games out including the new Need For Speed. Sorry I don't remember the rest Rachel, because NFS was the only one I don't own already. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Feck Kinect. If I were you, I'd go after the new 250GB console. It looks like this:

204402-xbox-360-s-1_original.jpg

Kinect is just like a tacky Wii add-on, so I'd put that extra €50 towards a proper game. Most shops should have a deal for a 250GB console and a new game, like Halo: Reach, COD: Black Ops or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

get the new 1 and call of duty black ops plus a sub to xboox live for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Thanks guys for the help at least il know what to ask for when i go into the shop, otherwise i think they would see me comin and sell me anything! Not goin to get the kinect thing, its his birthday in jan so il get that then! Thanks again!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks guys for the help at least il know what to ask for when i go into the shop, otherwise i think they would see me comin and sell me anything! Not goin to get the kinect thing, its his birthday in jan so il get that then! Thanks again!:)

i read here that harvey norman will have the 250gb version for €198 next week. he read it in a leaflet thingy from harvey n!

Advertisement