Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice-Over equipment for voicing from home

• 03-12-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 Dee78

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you Voice Over artists or experts out there could advise on the best equipment (mics, software and anything else necessary) to use for voicing work from home? Got approached to do a fast-turnaround ad to go out on two prominent radio stations recently so it had to be done from home, but I couldn't do it as I've only done in-studio stuff before and only have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista & Intel Pentium Inside processor which only has a small on-board mic and sound recorder, i.e. nowhere near good enough quality for VO work. Also need to be able to submit the recordings in MP3 file format....

So, if anyone can advise on suitable upgrades or ad-ons I'd be very very grateful.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Have you a car? it is supposed to be a good place to record voice I have done it for a course i was doing.

I remember a bbc journalist saying that he used to record some of his reports covered in a duvet to muffle background noise.

audacity is a free opensource sound editing program has noise gate and other functionallity

I know that itunes can convert .wavs to .mp3

dont know much about mics so i won't say anything. I would imagine that its a matter of you get for what you pay for.

Advertisement