Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Video Downloads

• 03-12-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Another session on the turbo is looming and I was wondering if anyone had any good links for downloading videos. I'm think about pro bike races rather than Sufferfest type videos. Is cycling.tv the only option?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

cyclingtorrents.nl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Music? I have some cracking playlists (Tom might disagree)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

cyclingtorrents.nl

Ah, fair play. I'd forgotten about that one.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Music? I have some cracking playlists (Tom might disagree)...

I kind of like watching sporting events. Found an old DVD of Ireland's triple crown win in '06 for my Wednesday spin. The adrenaline boost I got from Horgan's fingertip try against England sent the heartrate skywards.

That said, sometimes watching cycle races can be counterproductive. If it looks really, really hard it can put you off a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Crunch wrote: »
    I kind of like watching sporting events.

Just don't stick the F1 on, you'll be asleep in no time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi all,
    Another session on the turbo is looming and I was wondering if anyone had any good links for downloading videos. I'm think about pro bike races rather than Sufferfest type videos. Is cycling.tv the only option?

I do the spinning classes at Winning Solutions. There are a set of intervals that Scott (the owner) uses to a video of the pro peleton moving from the tarmac to the ParisRoubaix cobbles. Spin hard then knock up the resistance a fair chunk when you hit the cobbles section - but keep the cadence high. Pure excruciating torture. It works to Paris Roubaix however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I found a few just doing google searchs, downloaded the tacx real rides, i cant use them , much prefer some electro with big breaks and staring a blank spot on the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

The Sufferfest is your friend or not as the case maybe, you could also look at Cyclefilm as well

Lumen wrote: »
    Just don't stick the F1 on, you'll be asleep in no time. :D

This from a man who professes to like time trials and trackdays!...

I eventually got my cyclingtorrents.nl login info, upgraded the anti virus protection, downloaded some torrent downloading software and set the machine to scoop coverage of the '88 Nissan Classic from the ether. It promised me it would be finished in time for the next running of the next Nissan Classic so I gave up and put on the only DVD I could find which happened to be Dancing at Lughnasa. I'm confident I'm the first person ever to watch that movie during a turbo workout...
    When I climbed off after an hour and a half I discovered that the computer had given up downloading the '88 Nissan at 14%. It's looking increasingly likely that I may have to actually buy a DVD...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

I gave up and put on the only DVD I could find which happened to be Dancing at Lughnasa. I'm confident I'm the first person ever to watch that movie during a turbo workout...
    Yes I am confident you are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Where are you based man ? I've a fair collection of stuff downloaded I could be persuaded to 'lend' you some of my backed up copies.

Junior wrote: »
    Where are you based man ? I've a fair collection of stuff downloaded I could be persuaded to 'lend' you some of my backed up copies.

Cheers! Eh, Longford, although I have been known to make occasional forays to the capital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

sy wrote: »
    Yes I am confident you are :)

haha, reminds me of training in GC last year - Mel used to listen to audio book of Pride and Prejudice... Probably a first there too...

On the trainer - I'm watching the 2010 season of cross highlights from youtube - great stuff.

Advertisement