Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report from the FPU, passed on from the Department of Justice...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I’m back for a day.

Firstly, rrpc, don’t be taking offence when none was intended.

Sparks, thanks for the detailed response, we sort of agree and make many similar points.

Am I to believe that Des Crofton is the only person who is paid by the various sporting bodies? :confused:

As for laws, the Minister cannot arbitrarily change a Bill at the stroke of a pen as suggested above. If it is changed during the initial debate process it has to go back to the start and go through the process again. (OK, it can be done at committee stage). Frequently the initial drafts of ‘white papers’ are written for the various departments by outsiders, and are then ‘modified’ by the civil service to meet their minister’s requirements. I would be surprised – very - if the FPU did not have a significant input into that Act. It is very easy to pass the buck.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Am I to believe that Des Crofton is the only person who is paid by the various sporting bodies? :confused:
    On the rifle and pistol side, that's currently the case, so far as I know.
    There was a National Development Officer in the SSAI a year or two back, who was receiving a part-time salary, but there isn't at the moment. On the shotgun side, I think the ICPSA secretary is paid, but I'm not certain (I'm not really a shotgun person). I think the NARGC pay one or two others, mostly to look after the insurance fund, but I'm not sure, you'd need to ask the NARGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

NASRPC has no employees so nobody gets paid - it's all volunteer work.

B'Man

Advertisement