Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBusiness Masters

Options
  • 03-12-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anybody currently doing this programme or completed it in the past? I am thinking of doing a masters in the ecommerce area next year and from what I can see, the programme looks pretty decent.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Sort the recession out NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

At the talk in Smurfit the guy said that he had 2 jobs for every graduate when they finished. Could have been advertising though

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

IT remains the best prospect for employment, there just aren't enough people doing it, which is why this course and other Analytics one in Smurfit are subsidised in the IT Skills programme.

http://www.thepost.ie/technology/skills-shortage-a-major-worry-52779.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mehmoodsha

Hi, I am thinking of doing this course next year. I have business studies background with ACCA qualification. Does this programme require IT/programming skills?
    Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 100

This is a new course starting 2010, for details see my reply in other thread here.

Any questions PM me (i am student there not smurfit staff, btw!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sick Monkey

I am starting this course in September any help or advise would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Hey sick monkey, I'm starting the course in September as well and have a friend doing it this year as well. He says its great, he is doing the summer section at the minute and says most people in the class are confident about finding jobs fairly easily when they get done. He tells me that its a good deal of work but that the lectures are interesting and the lecturers are very supportive.

I'm really looking forward to starting, finished my undergrad up there last year and have been working since so I'm looking forward to getting back to college, even if it is a heavy workload!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jegger

Hey sick monkey, I'm starting the course in September as well and have a friend doing it this year as well. He says its great, he is doing the summer section at the minute and says most people in the class are confident about finding jobs fairly easily when they get done. He tells me that its a good deal of work but that the lectures are interesting and the lecturers are very supportive.

I'm really looking forward to starting, finished my undergrad up there last year and have been working since so I'm looking forward to getting back to college, even if it is a heavy workload!

Hi Enemy Of Fate
    Just wondering, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do your undergrad in? and if you know what are the backgrounds of most of the students, are they mostly for IT/computer science or business/commerce? I`m in my final year and am considering this postgrad for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

Digging this up again lads, did anyone end up doing this course? Quite interested and considering it as an option for next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

2 of my friends are doing it, theyve both gotten jobs out of it before finishing. I think one's for HP and I cant remember the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi guys,

I've been accepted onto the part time msc ibusiness course to start in September. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the pt option - workload, support etc?

Also does it get very techie or mathematical at all?

I'm coming at this from having a business degree (ucd, 2.1) already, but limited experience on the tech side and just hoping I won't be out of my depth.

Any help / pointers much appreciated !

Advertisement