Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Hazard

• 03-12-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Had one of those DIY air compressors (ALDI) in my garage and it went on fire, nearly burned down my beloved DIY den :(. Be warned, if you have one of these appliances dont leave it plugged in unattended. It obviously does'nt have a thermal cutout.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

OMG! I have a cheapo one, same type but different brand.

D'you know exactly what went on fire on your compressor?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And that has what, exactly, to do with Three the mobile phone operator?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

whiterebel wrote: »
    And that has what, exactly, to do with Three the mobile phone operator?:confused:

The 999 call dropped? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Thesafetyman

Dont know exactly what started the fire but evidence of much heat. Plastic cowl burned away, motor burned, aluminium crankcase melted.
    Either motor jammed and fried or compressor burned due to continuous running.

Advertisement