Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How flexible are Meteor with "Proof of Address"?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Bought a phone from Meteor online and awaiting the contracts now. Has to be sent in with "proof of address". I'm in rented accommodation and my name isn't on any of the bills. My accounts go to my family home.

Any ideas for a proof of address? Do you think they'd accept a bill to this address along with a signed letter by the name on the bill saying I live here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Nope not a hope

it doesnt particularly matter where theyre addressed to, as long as theyre not going to a strangers address, so they could use the details maliciously, so you could use the things addressed to your family home, i know i still do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

no it needs to have your name with address printed on it, they prefer bank statments too, but after 2 month you can change the address with customer care with no need for proof of address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Going to set it up for my family address so and change after a few months. I'll have to request a new bank statement, don't have a recent one. Thought I did.

I know it's cheeky but would they accept a Meteor bill from September? :o Or would they reject my application as a "new customer"....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

foto joe wrote: »
    Going to set it up for my family address so and change after a few months. I'll have to request a new bank statement, don't have a recent one. Thought I did.

I know it's cheeky but would they accept a Meteor bill from September? :o Or would they reject my application as a "new customer"....

The proof of address has to be dated in the past 3 months. Other than that I doubt they'd have too much of a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I emailed them last night about it and they emailed back this morning that they were happy enough with my Meteor bill from mid September. Documents emailed in, I look forward to becoming a "new" Meteor customer... again. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement