Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90-Xr

• 03-12-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hey Everybody , my landlord installed a Triton T90-Xr for me recently. I powered it up last night and while it is a big improvement on the dribble that I had before I was expecting a bit more pressure. It also cycles from hot to cold intermittently. It's a new shower unit. I'm reluctant to ask the landlord about it as even though he's a decent enough fella I don't think he's great on the plumbing front and he possibly took some shortcuts. Does anybody know what would be causing a new shower to cycle from hot to cold and have low water pressure compared to other similar units I've seen?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I suspect that the shower may not have sufficient water flow. When this happens the water will get extremely hot, & the heater in the shower will shut down. Once it has cooled, the heater will start up again. This will result in the water temperature varying from very hot to cold & back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

FoxT wrote: »
    I suspect that the shower may not have sufficient water flow. When this happens the water will get extremely hot, & the heater in the shower will shut down. Once it has cooled, the heater will start up again. This will result in the water temperature varying from very hot to cold & back again.

I agree. This could be caused by a simple airlock or it could be because the plumbing is not of sufficient bore, or otherwise because there isn't enough head of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

The house is pretty old and from what I've seen when I poked my head into the attic so is the plumbing. The cold weather is probably a factor also. In relation to the bore of the pipes would a lot of piping have to be replaced to increase the water supply?. I swear I'm cursed with showers ever since I moved to Dublin years ago :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Do you know if the shower has a seperate feed from the tank? If your in it is someone else in the house using the cold/hot water in the taps as they might be robbing the showers supply, thus it needs a seperate feed to the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I looked in the attic space above the bathroom and the pipe to the shower is coming straight from my own tank. My friend described the set up to an electrician and he asked what size the cable was to the shower. He thinks that the landlord ran a 2.5? cable via a 40 amp RCBO to the shower and with the gauge of the cable and it's length the shower is underpowered. I'm going to get a friend to check it out and possibly replace the cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement