Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Dorset St to the Quays...safe?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've a gig in the city centre tonight so i've no choice but to drive in there...my usual route is Dorset St toward Bolton St turning down onto Parnell St then down Caple St, along the quays and back up by the side of the Morrison Hotel to that carpark near Jervis St.

If anyone has been around those streets over the last couple of nights between 8pm and 1am i'd appreciate it if you could let me know how you found them...in terms of traffic and road conditions.

I'm trying to work out how long i need to allow to get from Swords to that car park and i'm assuming i''ll be relatively ok until i get to Dorset St...

As for getting back to Swords after the gig well....:eek:

Thanks guys any info would really help me out a lot!!
    DrF ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

Not sure how long you'd need but most main roads in the city have turned to slush, the side streets are still compacted and like skating rinks. So this is where you need to be really carefull!!

Most people seem to have stayed at home so traffic is light.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Cheers...i'm gonna leave around 7.30 to be in there for 9pm so hopefully 1 and a half hours (for a normally 35min journey) will be enough!!!

Advertisement