Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DSi

• 03-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I am allowed to ask but cannot see in the charter that I cant so just looking to know what the best card is for a DSi , is it R4i-sdhc also anyone have any trusted sites where I can get one , used dealextreame last time out and connot see anything there.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I recently got the supercard dstwo , it does gba emulation and snes emulation ( not great on the snes though).

Its a bit pricey , but i dont need to use patchers.plus i likes my old gba games :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you're not interested in emulation the current cream of the crop IMHO is the Acekard 2i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If you're not interested in emulation the current cream of the crop IMHO is the Acekard 2i

WOuld you be able to recommend any reseller for these cards ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

I need a card that works with the 1.4.1 update. silly me :mad: anyone know which card works with it? the card i have now is from r4igold.cn. the website says to update it but it looks like there are files missing from the downloads. still get the error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Never get a R4 card because most of them are clones and the manufactures never support the cards with updates for new games. You should get the Supercard Ds2 if you want to play GBA, SNES and of course DS games or the ackekard 2i if you are just interested in playing DS games :)

EDIT: Both the Supercard and the acekard 2i support the latest DSi firmware however you might need a DSi (under the 4.1 update), DSL or a original DS to update it to be compilable with the latest DSi firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you purchase from ShopTemp they can update the AceKard firmware to work with DSi 1.4+ if you do not have a DSL/Original DS to do it yourself (for a $1 fee) - it's an addon on the purchase page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Trying to purchase from shoptemp, only allowing me express delivery though, any way around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Bad News for ShopTemp!

Looks like Nintendo are really pushing this :(
    Important message regarding Nintendo DS flash carts

Due to unfortunate circumstances, we have been forced to stop selling Nintendo DS flash carts. They remain visible on our website for reference only, but you cannot add them to your cart anymore (all "out of stock"). We will be expanding to other product ranges in the future in order to remain an attractive and enjoyable web shop. NOTE: ALL ORDERS THAT WERE PAID FOR WILL BE SHIPPED NORMALLY. If you were able to pay for your order, it will be shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

AntiRip wrote: »
    Bad News for ShopTemp!

Looks like Nintendo are really pushing this :(
    Important message regarding Nintendo DS flash carts

Due to unfortunate circumstances, we have been forced to stop selling Nintendo DS flash carts. They remain visible on our website for reference only, but you cannot add them to your cart anymore (all "out of stock"). We will be expanding to other product ranges in the future in order to remain an attractive and enjoyable web shop. NOTE: ALL ORDERS THAT WERE PAID FOR WILL BE SHIPPED NORMALLY. If you were able to pay for your order, it will be shipped.
    I seen that alright, but I'm still able to add the AceKard (and supercard fwiw) to my cart. I think it's only r4 cards on the website it seems to affect....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Just reading their forum on GBAtemp there and they do seem to have them in stock again. The free shipping is gone though for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I got a R4i SDHC off ndsmemorycards.com in dublin a few weeks back.

I've found a few downloads freeze after a few minutes though, so maybe theres a better option:confused:

I need a 2nd card aswell, so advice also appreciated on what to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

i get mine of these there irish about 4 days postage
    http://www.ndsaccessories.com/?gclid=CJe_2ZDe2qUCFVBO4QodBg2RlQ

kevin-46 wrote: »
    i get mine of these there irish about 4 days postage
    http://www.ndsaccessories.com/?gclid=CJe_2ZDe2qUCFVBO4QodBg2RlQ

Great price. Any chace you could check if the card is legit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Just to confirm : which card is "best" for playing ds, gba and snes on the DSi? and which is the best site to buy off? sorry but all the info here was a wee bit confusing for this simpleton!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Supercard dstwo.
    It has a built in GBA and SNES emulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Great price. Any chace you could check if the card is legit here.

ye i have bought 6 cards red r4i and the gold r4i its fast shipping to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

How big are ROM files usually? (Just looking into what size memory card to get)

Anything from 32mb + depending on rom

2gig or 4gig SD will be fine. 4 gig Micro SD card in Tesco for €7 if they still have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Anything from 32mb + depending on rom

2gig or 4gig SD will be fine. 4 gig Micro SD card in Tesco for €7 if they still have any.
    Cool, 2GB will be plenty, so. It's only for my little sister (although, I might try the new Pokemon games :o :cool: )

Going to go with the Acekard, seems the safest bet

Advertisement