Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone that acts as a distaphone and can record calls/interviews

Options
  • 03-12-2010 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Maybe I need to go to some other forum to get an answer for this but I can seem to get a really good handle on this one.

Here is the issue. I have a mobile phone. I have a dictaphone. I do interviews with boxers.

I end up putting the phone onto loud speaker and putting the dictaphone beside the mobile. The result is fine. But not great and inconvenient.

I would love a nice sleek mobile that I could record these calls directly onto and download for future reference.

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's an app you can get on the iphone for it, i'm not sure of the legality of recording calls in this country but it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

You can record calls, but you must inform the other person that you're recording the call. Call-centres do it to you all the time, and tell you.

There are phone recording apps for most phones that support applications. You don't say what kind of phone you've got, but if it's a Nokia, check the Ovi store -- for phones without data packages, you can still download the app with your PC, then install it to the phone over USB using the Ovi Suite software.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Maybe I need to go to some other forum to get an answer for this but I can seem to get a really good handle on this one.

Here is the issue. I have a mobile phone. I have a dictaphone. I do interviews with boxers.

I end up putting the phone onto loud speaker and putting the dictaphone beside the mobile. The result is fine. But not great and inconvenient.

I would love a nice sleek mobile that I could record these calls directly onto and download for future reference.

Any ideas guys?

I used to have a nokia 6300 which could record calls from the menu within a call. It also worked as a voice recorder. Any s40 probably has the same. You could probably pick up a 6300 on adverts for 30 or 40 euro

Advertisement