Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has the current bad weather made you happy

• 03-12-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭

HI folks I am just wondering has the bad weather made you happier given its so close to christmas etc I seem so happier now than two weeks ago your taughts please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

By a coincidence I am about 20 seconds into listening to bing crosby white christmas. So yes I think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

No, my mum, brother and his OH where to have come yesterday but with the road could not make the 100+ mile trip. also work is a nightmare with staff not able to get in. Was to meet my best friend in Dublin tomorrow but again, not happening.

So no this weather is not making me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It really has made me happy! I've been out playing in it every day. Its just so beautiful!

Yes its been a pain in a few ways, but you can't change the weather so may as well find the good in it. I love the way the snow glistens, and everything looks like a Christmas ad or film!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I do love the snow, it's pretty. But my mum has been snowed in for the past few days and was really down about it. Seen she's not well and my dad has been going into town to get her nice cooked meals as she is not up for cooking herself.

She's usually making puddings around this time of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

It's messing with my head as in it's making me think christmas is here whereas I normally don't think like that until one week before christmas,i.e.last weeks work before the holidays :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was happy until today when my water stopped :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Happy now I'm in front of the fire, wasn't so happy heading to work on the bad roads :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hell Yes! I adore the snow I seem to be out and about more when it snows for some reason. I love walking with my dogs and it really makes it more Christmassy :D I hope for more snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

unfortunately the timing of the snow has made me unhappy. three weeks til christmas and i've had no work all week, so no money for presents. feel sick thinking about it if i'm honest :(

but on the other hand i have made the most of it, me and my daughter have been out in it having fun everyday, building snowmen, the puppy has gone apesh!t in it as well.

it's raining here now so fingers crossed the place will be cleared by next week :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loving the weather...
    Until my car slid into a hedgerow when driving around a corner downhill, at 5 mph.
    I have a feeling if I hit the corner at 40mph, lashed the wheel out of it, doing a Loeb on it, I would have fared far better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Yes, its made me very happy.

The kindness I've seen from many people is so heart warming. People coming out of their homes to help cars stuck outside, checking in on elderly neighbours, smiles and comments as you walk along etc.

And while it has caused us many problems, its also made people realise that life doesn't need to be taken at 100mph, I've seen so many people slow down and just appreciate the little things that we often take for granted.

Oh and I love being out in snow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Now I'm hoping that the thaw comes around quickly. I want to be able to wear heels for my boyfriends graduation! I also want my parents to get up to Dublin without the fear of falling and breaking themselves on the ice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Helll YEAH! I love the snow - and the crispy coldness. Christmas multiplied by ten!!

Lads, in all honesty, these yokes are d'business - Yaktrax. They make your life SOOO much easier. I have a pair of walkers - great Christmas pressies too.

Advertisement