Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400-500 PC for Sony Vegas, AAE and 3DS?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey, I need to sort out a decent PC for editing but the problem is that I have such a low budget. I have no idea whatsoever when it comes to what components are good or bad so i'm wondering if anybody could help me out.

Basically I'm looking (if possible) to get a PC that will be able to edit HD footage in Adobe After Effects and hopefully even be able to run Call Of Duty 4 on high settings.

If any of you can help me out with a PC build I would be seriously thankful. I have somebody who could build the PC for me if it saves money as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse + windows as well? If not its definitely doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

nope! I dont need a mouse or keyboard and i'm 90% sure i dont need windows as i think my bro can get a copy of Windows 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm not going to post up a full spec as i'm not the best person for it, but i'm building a machine to do the same as what your doing,, except gaming i've the PS3 for that

What I'm doing is buying the AMD 6 core 2.8gig
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=34042&agid=1242

And i'm overclocking it to 3.5gig on each core simple to do if you get the right motherboard. You can get it to 4 gig but you'll need extra cooling.

The motherboard i'm getting is this one.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=34888&agid=1232

It's got USB3. You could drop this down and spend about €70 and you'll still have a good one.

You'll need a good bit of ram. Try get 1600's for quicker rendering..with your budget i'd say you'll only be able to put 4 gig in to start. save a few quic and stick another 4 gig in :)

Advertisement