Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Tiger prawns in Dublin

Options
  • 03-12-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but could someone tell me where is the best place to buy tiger prawns?

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Cooked or uncooked?

Cooked - any supermarket.

Uncooked - M&S, Wrights, and good local fishmongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Tesco sometimes have deals on tiger prawns (raw).2 for E5.

Asian shops do them as well fairly cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

as said frozen uncooked can be found in most asian supermarkets at pretty much unbeatable prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Are they nice and tender when they have been frozen? I don't like pre-cooked prawns very much, and I find that prawns that have been frozen raw can be quite tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

They are tender if they are cooked properly and not over cooked. I never buy pre-cooked prawn as I don't find that they taste as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Dinkie wrote: »
    They are tender if they are cooked properly and not over cooked. I never buy pre-cooked prawn as I don't find that they taste as good.

Egans in Skerries is great for tiger prawns - raw and great size. Around €10/€11 kilo too.

Many of the Asian supermarkets in town sell them fresh too - 'International Supermarket' on Parnell St and Oriental Emporium on Abbey St too.

Advertisement