Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom problem :(

• 03-12-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, Im with eircom for past 3 moths. Today i was on my computer and internet went off and i couldnt connect it via wireless but if i connect via cable it works... When i restart my router the internet works via wireless again but after 20 mins the same thing keep happening...
    Whats wrong with it?
    Please help me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Type 192.168.1.254 into your browser while you're connected.

The password should be "broadband1"

On the left hand side of the router configuration page, click "Network" then "Wireless LAN"

What are the settings, in seconds for;
    "ReAuthentication Timer"
    "Idle Timeout"
    "Group Key Update Timer"?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When something like this begins to happen you have to determine whether you are actually losing your internet connection or your wireless connection.

In your case it sounds like a wireless problem (as it seems you are still connected to the internet as the ethernet connection works).

It is possible that there is another wireless network around you which might be interfering with yours.

Download netstumbler and it will show you any networks which might be around you and what channel they are on.

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

Advertisement