Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Scholes(in prime) vs. Xavi

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

gosplan wrote: »

Hmm, the post isn't about best player in the premiership though, is it?

Zidane was asked who was his toughest ever opponent and he said Scholes. He went on to say how Scholes is the complete player. Other players have said similar.

I would personally discard quotes that were replys to questions directly about Scholes, it would be silly to think much of them.

Another factor in the voting here is that aswell as there being alot of ABUs, there's also alot of Barcelona fanboys who will vote Xavi without thinking.

Here's another quote from Pique about the two of them..
    “I think they are two of the best players I have ever seen. With the ball they are fantastic. I remember one day I was talking with Xavi and he said, for him, Paul Scholes was one of the best players he had ever seen. I think the two like each other because they like the same football and it's really beautiful.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

If Xavi was born in England and played with Paul Scholes in the national side, England would have won 3 world cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

CorkMan wrote: »
    If Xavi was born in England and played with Paul Scholes in the national side, England would have won 3 world cups.

we'd still be bottlers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Zidane was asked who was his toughest ever opponent and he said Scholes. He went on to say how Scholes is the complete player. Other players have said similar.

I would personally discard quotes that were replys to questions directly about Scholes, it would be silly to think much of them.

Another factor in the voting here is that aswell as there being alot of ABUs, there's also alot of Barcelona fanboys who will vote Xavi without thinking.

Here's another quote from Pique about the two of them..

And there's no one voting for Scholes without thinking? :pac: What absolute bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

SantryRed wrote: »
    And there's no one voting for Scholes without thinking? :pac: What absolute bull.

Never said that.

my point is number of ABUs and barca fanboys >>>>>>>> single minded united fans

Unfortunately theres not a whole lot of people outside these groups.

Those that are actually contibuted decent points to the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

d22ontour wrote: »
    Realism unfortunately...

He was a good player Bill not a great player springs to mind.

I would have Hughes in any United team everyday of the week ahead of him.

Legend. ;)

That almost made me cry (I know I know) but it was around the time when I first knew who was who and really started to watch United. Of course I had no choice with my Dad being who he is!!

This thread is getting silly now. I wonder what Scholes and Xavi would think if they read this... lets all move on, I was worse to get involved in it!

Advertisement