Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old/broken mobile phones

Options
  • 03-12-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

I am currently collecting old/broken mobile phones for a local primary school and we need 100 more phones. Anyone know where would the best place be to gather some phones? They don't have to be working/have batteries. Broken is fine :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭ozmo

I am currently collecting old/broken mobile phones for a local primary school and we need 100 more phones. Anyone know where would the best place be to gather some phones? They don't have to be working/have batteries. Broken is fine :)

The return that the school is getting on each phone is probably really really bad - probably a couple euros per phone (my reasoning is based on a recent advert I saw looking for 250,000 phones to get 750,000 euros).

if you have a few phones in any condition - you might be better selling them on a site like this:
    http://www.mobilephonexchange.co.uk/
    and giving the school/charity the cash instead?
    N95 there gets you about 100 euros??
    Most are about 10 euros a phone.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

We're collecting them for the Jack and Jill Children's Charity, and in return, we get an interactive whiteboard for our school!

That's a great idea you have, but would take a lot of organisation, plus all our phones have currently been collected!! If only I'd thought of that sooner! But thank you for your suggestion. We'll never get the final 100 phones! :(

Advertisement