Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucrezia Idro wood pellet stove problem

• 03-12-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

We had this stove installed about three and a half years ago and tbh, its never worked properly, i.e. hard to start and very poor at heating the radiators.

This evening I turned it on for the first time this winter and it started first time. However, the water in it wasn't getting pumped to the rads and so it overheated and shut itself down. Now I have a dual system with an oil burner too which is heating the rads so I know the pump is working. So the problem is with the wood pellet boiler. The guy who installed it has gone out of business so no back up there.

As we've never been happy with this boiler, is it possible to get it repaired and/or trade it in for a wood pellet stove, i.e. a room heater?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RoscommoLad

We had this stove installed about three and a half years ago and tbh, its never worked properly, i.e. hard to start and very poor at heating the radiators.

This evening I turned it on for the first time this winter and it started first time. However, the water in it wasn't getting pumped to the rads and so it overheated and shut itself down. Now I have a dual system with an oil burner too which is heating the rads so I know the pump is working. So the problem is with the wood pellet boiler. The guy who installed it has gone out of business so no back up there.

As we've never been happy with this boiler, is it possible to get it repaired and/or trade it in for a wood pellet stove, i.e. a room heater?
    Hi,
    Just wondering how you gone on with your stove as my Lucrezia Idro appears to be having a similar problem - heat building up in stoves boiler & therefore it turns off quicker than it should as it is deemed to have reached its maximum temperature. However, the light for the pump on the control panel indicates it is operating.
    The problem appears to have started when I was adjusting the 1st screen - turn off temperature (60 to 80 degree range) and I then adjusted the 2nd screen - pellet feed (range 1 to 5) while the message was still showing on the first screen. A message 'pot' came up on this second screen which I had not seen before.
    RoscommonLad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Declanhehir

Extraflame Lucrezia Idro having a problem with it and looking for some one to fix it in ireland the glass also exploded out of it about 3 years ago which seemed very dangerous. can anyone help

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Declanhehir

Kashkai wrote: »

Extraflame Lucrezia Idro having a problem with it and looking for some one to fix it in ireland the glass also exploded out of it about 3 years ago which seemed very dangerous. can anyone help

Advertisement