Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Union for the Mediterranean (UftM)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

steo87 wrote: »
    Anyone else see a possible Conspiracy Theory related to this union?

No.
    It seems to provide ammunition to those who speak of the New World Order and that Order's plans for a one-world government?

So what plans are these? Or is it just the usual "evil NWO (whoever they are) want to have a one world government" etc....? With the usual references to Rothchilds, Bilderberg, Rockefeller etc. etc.
    According to Wikipedia, the UftM was set up to "promote stability and prosperity throughout the region [European and the Mediterranean]" (1).

Seems like a pretty reasonable aim. Where stability reigns then economies can prosper and people can live in peace etc.
    I myself find it slightly worrying in the context of world-government, because of the large amount of African countries that are members - this membership could easily spread to other parts of Africa (despite the agreement being called 'Meditterean' - they could easily change the wording of the agreement to include other countries) and thus the membership increases. The same could be said of the Western Mediterranean countries.

I have never heard of this Union and I only came across it earlier today by chance. I am surprised that this did not feature heavily or otherwise in the news at the time of its recent foundation in 2008, because I do not recall hearing about it at all.

What is the point you are trying to make? The reason it didn't make the news is because it's nothing more than a loose arrangement of nations in a specific region who would like to work together to promote peace and stability....again this is not an unreasonable aim. History teaches us that where nations fail to work together and iron out their differences, then it leads to extreme nationalism and to very bad things i.e. WWI, WWII etc.
    Several sources seem to think that it has ties to the World Bank, IMF and other CT-related organisations (2),(3),(4).

Yeah, several biased pro-conspiracy sources.
    There are also plans to expand the Union to include the Persian Gulf, according to the former EU Commissioner and current Italy Foreign Minister Franco Frattini (5).

Yeah sure...according to the article the Gulf states will join under the Lisbon Treaty :D ....says it all really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I think you're more likely to see some Mediterranean countries join the EU in the future than some Mediterranean Union, but not as part of some one world government conspiracy, just EU expansion. What direction Europe takes is a different matter, but I think there could be several larger power blocks and fewer small independent nation states in world in the future, as a natural response and counter balance to the current powers.

Advertisement