Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a cost to reconnect phoneline after previous owners?

• 03-12-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, getting smart broadband, previous line was disconnected after previous owners left. Smart said they will have to get it reconnected, is there a charge for this? lady on the phone didn't mention it and i forgot to ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Recundis

Yep either 50 euro or 120 euro depending if its a reconnection at the exchange or if a new line is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

crap, i'm surprised they never said on the phone. :( thanks anyway for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Recundis

They might absorb the charge.... but I doubt it most ISP's do charge you I would call them and double check but the prices I said are accurate for 95% of ISPs

hmm, they only charge whe mentioned was the 39.95 a month for 10mb home broadband. i'll definitely have to call them, their lines are down at the minute though. I should also add they advertise free installation and set up.

Just a wee update, smart said they got the line reconnected with no charge. Sending our router today! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

I was in a similar situation (also with Smart) myself. They said as long as the line was active within a year of me connecting, it was free.

Advertisement