Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a blackberry, need advice...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 macam girl

Did you have a contract with orange uk? if you did call them and ask for the network unlocking code- you will need to have the imei number for the phone handy(thats the 15 digit code on the back of the phone under the battery, they will ask you for this when releasing the network unlocking code).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

No I bought it in UK.

Ok so did you buy the phone from orange? or from a independent dealer? or was it bought second hand?

Yes the Blackberry was bought Second hand in the UK. I have bought my last Blackberry the same way but it was already un-locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    It doesnt make a jot of difference where you get the phones unlocked

Correct!
    macam girl wrote: »
    In my own personal experience, it is not recommended! Handsets which are unlocked without a code from a network, a NUC= network unlocking code, are swiped through a machine to wipe them, this can cause major issues for the software on a blackberry or any device which contains a lot of software. I have also known a lot of blackberrys which are swiped in this manner to become locked again a second swipe of any device would defo corrupt the software.

I'm sorry, but how on earth is somebody supposed to take you seriously saying you will offer technical support for them with Blackberry when you come out with a statement like THAT!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Swiped through a machine????
    What pub have you been drinking in!!!! :D

• Advertisement

newspower wrote: »
    Yes the Blackberry was bought Second hand in the UK. I have bought my last Blackberry the same way but it was already un-locked.

Can you send me a PM please with Blackberry model you've purchased?

Ok, You can get the imei number from the back of the phone and call orange UK and ask them for the network unlocking code, If they query where you got the phone, adv them that it was a gift bought in the UK.

Swiped through a machine????
    What pub have you been drinking in!!!!

Whatever- I do not go drinking in pubs mate (unlike you I am guessing) I have better things to do with my time.

For your information handsets that are not unlocked with a network unlocking code are swiped by independent phone stores with advertisements that they unlock all phones. But you know what it is up to the OP and whoever else wants the information to choose if they want to take the advice given. As I have a lot of experience with blackberrys I choose to offer some advice. People do not need you barging in and trying to insult folk, so do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

For your information handsets that are not unlocked with a network unlocking code are swiped by independent phone stores with advertisements that they unlock all phones. But you know what it is up to the OP and whoever else wants the information to choose if they want to take the advice given. As I have a lot of experience with blackberrys I choose to offer some advice. People do not need you barging in and trying to insult folk, so do one.

Swiped through a machine!!! lol :D

That's what you were probably told to say by which ever operator you used to work for to get them to fork out 130 euro's instead of paying 15 euors to unlock a phone :pac:

Just one of the hundreds of place to get an unlock code for your blackberry or any other phone.
    http://www.unlockdata.net/index.asp?cp=EUR-BB&gclid=CM7am4Sb5KUCFQQLfAod_z1y0Q

When a phone is unlocked, its unlocked.

Hi Mad_Mike,
    Its a Blackberry Curve 8900

• Advertisement

Thanks everybody for your help. I have got my Blackberry unlocked with the help of Mad_Mike and www.unlockgod.com. It was a matter of obtaining an un-locking code and it worked perfectly. Thanks again all.:)

Just to point out
    That website is not my website
    I just pointed newspower there for instructions to get his MEP code and I did a free unlock for him to prove that I don't have to swipe a phone through a machine to unlock it!

We have never even met, or I didn't have to go near his phone, but he got sorted. Anyway, they seem to be very reasonable, so it's a good link to leave up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Whatever- I do not go drinking in pubs mate (unlike you I am guessing) I have better things to do with my time.

No harm but what are you talking about?

Advertisement