Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lupo check strap gone mental.

• 03-12-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Eldery neighbour of mine has been having ongoing grief opening up her drivers door, the check strap is just noisy giving a bang bang bang between the steps of the strap.

Disassembled the door today and got the strap out along with its mechanism (BTW, Volkswagen, who RIVETS speakers to doors anymore? Seriously like ...), but can't see any faults. I would expect a plate to be broken, or a bolt to be sheared - but again, nothing. It was gummed up with black muck and crud, which I've degreased and relubricated, but before I put it back in the car tomorrow and hope for the best, does anyone have any other tricks I could try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I do not know why they insist on using rivets for the speakers... :mad:

The Golf was at the same lark recently and I just put some grease on it, you could get at it without taking the door card off though, not sure if it is a similar set up on the Lupo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Oh the little lupo doesn't have anything as fancy as door cards, just mostly metal with a few bits of plastic clipped on for asthetics :D

Well, no luck. Degreased and degunged it, lubricated it to death, checked for any signs of wear or misaligned parts and nothing. Just ordered a new one, 30 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

The Audi A2 suffers from a similar problem. The only way to cure it is to replace the complete door strap. It's a bit of a job as the door card has to come off.

Just stuck the new strap in, and problem solved. Interesting to note the design has changed completely - maybe it's something they learned about after a few years of production?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Just stuck the new strap in, and problem solved. Interesting to note the design has changed completely - maybe it's something they learned about after a few years of production?

Good to hear that. They didn't learn when it comes to the A2. The door straps don't last too long, but the design hasn't changed.

Advertisement