Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you pay/charge for a private piano lesson and how long per lesson?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 8:40pm

I'm currently paying €18 for a 30min lesson.
    What is everyone one else paying around the country?
    Higher? Lower? Leave a comment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

That sounds reasonable to me. In Dublin the average rates would be between 20 and 25 euro for a 30 minute lesson, and so anything from 35 to 45 euro for an hour's lesson. (It varies of course depending on the part of Dublin and the teacher's qualifications/experience.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I live in clare and I pay €15 for a 30 min lesson with a brilliant teacher. €15 would be pretty much the average for a 30 min class here.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

Thought I would revive this thread rather than start a new one.

What's the going rate in Dublin these days for one-to-one piano lessons if the student is an absolute (adult) beginner? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It really depends on the qualifications of the teacher. About €20 seems average for a 30 min class

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

I'm in Galway\Roscommon area and charge €14 per half hour payable in advance by term. small discount per term for second and subsequent child in same family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

It really depends on the qualifications of the teacher. About €20 seems average for a 30 min class

That seems about right although I've found someone more expensive. He is very good though and probably over-qualified for a beginner like me.

I won't mind about the cost when I'm playing like Horowitz! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It scales according to your level. In Dublin, 15-25 for a beginner. As you get more advanced, the price scales to match your level and the the quality of teacher.

Advertisement