Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using the GPS and google maps navigation, it is inaccurate

• 03-12-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

Have LG Optimus one running And 2.2

I find that when using the GPS and google maps navigation, it is inaccurate

Can be 300-500 metres out, which means as a nav device , almost useless

Is the fault of the GPS receiver or maps ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

what you're saying suggests to me that the gps is disabled on your phone and it's using cell towers for location. are you sure gps is active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi think GPS was active and green, so looks like picking up a signal

Will try next time in car, and make sure GPS is on (maybe I didn't have it on LOL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi think GPS was active and green, so looks like picking up a signal

Will try next time in car, and make sure GPS is on (maybe I didn't have it on LOL)

I had (and am still having) a problem like this with my Hero. GPS active, but not actually picking up satellites.

Try reinstalling your radio, it fixed it for me, briefly.

Hi

How do I :
    Try reinstalling your radio

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi

How do I :
    Try reinstalling your radio

That I will have to direct you to someone else about, I don't know the LG Optimus.

On the Hero, it was just a case of downloading the file (found on modaco.com), transferring it to the phone, and reboot holding the home and power button and select apply.

But as I said, the Optimus could be a different kettle of spuds altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

This might be an obvious one, but make sure you're using it outside and not just testing it indoors. All GPS devices (sat navs, phones, etc) need to be able to see the sky to get the GPS signal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

NONSENSE.

I have a HTC hero and a Desire HD. The stock GPS on Android 2.1, Floyo 2.2 and Froyoo 2.2 works perfectly- including google maps and copilot.

First off...GPS wont work in doors.

Secondly...is GPS active?

I frequentyl use google navigation ( and google maps) for turn by turn navigation. Theres nothing wrong with it and i never had to update any radio.

Iv used it for over a year and its spot on anywhere in Ireland once i have a GPS lock. ( it even works indoors sometimes.)

My experience is with HTC devices....if it is with LG then maybe you should change the title of the thread to demonstrate this.

iknorr wrote: »
    NONSENSE.

I have a HTC hero and a Desire HD. The stock GPS on Android 2.1, Floyo 2.2 and Froyoo 2.2 works perfectly- including google maps and copilot.

First off...GPS wont work in doors.

Secondly...is GPS active?

I frequentyl use google navigation ( and google maps) for turn by turn navigation. Theres nothing wrong with it and i never had to update any radio.

Iv used it for over a year and its spot on anywhere in Ireland once i have a GPS lock. ( it even works indoors sometimes.)

My experience is with HTC devices....if it is with LG then maybe you should change the title of the thread to demonstrate this.

Why so aggressive?

He's already said GPS is active. I explained I had a similar issue. I said how I fixed it. Well done, you haven't had a problem. We have. We're trying to fix this problem.

There is nothing in the thread title saying that it was a HTC problem, so why the need to change it?

Iknoor , find yoursef an anger management app, it may help calm you down !

Advertisement