Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamlet: Violence

• 03-12-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

does anyone plz plz have quotes for the theme of violence??? i need 5. anyhelp thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Claudius: What if this cursed hand / Were thicker than itself with brother’s blood

Gertrude: O what a rash and bloody deed is this

Ghost: Revenge his foul and most unnatural murder

Hamlet: How now a rat? Dead for a ducat, dead!

Laertes: To cut his throat i’ th’ church

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

sorry do you know who these people say these quotes to and why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Sunny!! wrote: »
    sorry do you know who these people say these quotes to and why?

Try actually concentrating while reading Hamlet,you will see every character uses a certain style & tone while talking to different people that will make them easily recognisable in the long run and help you're general understanding of the theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Is this a dagger which i see before me?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Grievous

"How now? A rat? Dead, for a ducat!"
    Polonius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Sunny!! wrote: »
    does anyone plz plz have quotes for the theme of violence??? i need 5. anyhelp thanks in advance.

I see the imminent death of twenty thousand men that for a fantasy and trick of fame march to their graves like beds. Fight for a plot whereon the numbers cannot try the cause, which is not tomb enough and continent to hide the slain. Oh! From this time forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!

(Not sure if I got the quote correct, just remembering it off the top of my head. End of Fourth Act I think) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Grievous wrote: »
    "How now? A rat? Dead, for a ducat!"
    Polonius.

No, no, not spoken by Polonius; t'was the prince, as mad as the ocean, who mistook the pratting knave for his better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

No, no, not spoken by Polonius; t'was the prince, as mad as the ocean, who mistook the pratting knave for his better.
    i.e. Hamlet. :P

Advertisement