Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting xbox-live to 3g dongle thats hooked up to a laptop

• 03-12-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hey, just need some help with this, I didn't have trouble before doing this but just doesn't seem to connect now.
    Can any one offer any help on this issue please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

is connection sharing enabled?try disable firewall to see will it connect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm pretty sure you'll find all the info you need it the thread that's already stickied at the top of the forum. I may be wrong. The process should be very similar, except replacing your dongle's connection instead of the wifi connection.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Thanks, yeh, funny it worked up to a point when I downloaded the new operating sytstem for xbox live, then for some reason it wouldn't hook up online.
    I'll turn off mcafee like you suggested, I also have microsoft security essentials turned on but I think that only scans for stuff ( doesn't act like a fire wall, I think.)
    thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I was trying this with o2 mobile broadband all week and had no luck getting it working....I tried out the various guides on boards and from google.

Let us know if you get it working....

neacy69 wrote: »
    I was trying this with o2 mobile broadband all week and had no luck getting it working....I tried out the various guides on boards and from google.

Let us know if you get it working....
    ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

what software are you using on your laptop. vista xp or 7

johnjoe96 wrote: »
    what software are you using on your laptop. vista xp or 7

Windows Vista basic.

Advertisement