Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League 1 + League 2 + BS premier and below!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bradford lost another home game tonight but cant really expect much from high flying Crawley.

But, the fight and 3 red cards are really not going to help in the battle for survival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoVY1JKCu3g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bradford lost another home game tonight but cant really expect much from high flying Crawley.

But, the fight and 3 red cards are really not going to help in the battle for survival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoVY1JKCu3g

You've recalled Matt Duke back from us, he has been very good, apart from the odd mistake. Not being cynical but do you think he will get back in your team or is it just to take him back off us!??!! :eek:

We are left with a Bermudan and a lad from the US league beneath the MLS to fight it out for goalkeepers spot. To be fair to Hall (the Bermudan) I thought he was a bit unlucky to get dropped into the sh*tstorm that was our defence back then, only played twice.

Shame if this derails our good run. So tight at the bottom 5 points between 18th and the relegation zone. Shame Burton won, thats opened a gap of 5 points the other way casting us all adrift!! Northampton, Bradford, Barnet, all has a familiar ring to it.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    You've recalled Matt Duke back from us, he has been very good, apart from the odd mistake. Not being cynical but do you think he will get back in your team or is it just to take him back off us!??!! :eek:

We are left with a Bermudan and a lad from the US league beneath the MLS to fight it out for goalkeepers spot. To be fair to Hall (the Bermudan) I thought he was a bit unlucky to get dropped into the sh*tstorm that was our defence back then, only played twice.

Shame if this derails our good run. So tight at the bottom 5 points between 18th and the relegation zone. Shame Burton won, thats opened a gap of 5 points the other way casting us all adrift!! Northampton, Bradford, Barnet, all has a familiar ring to it.

Well with Johnny Mac sent off and likely to face a ban it mad sense to get a keeper back. Squad was thin enough as it is. I guess, and it sounds cruel, that its a double whammy taking a keeper away from a fellow struggler.

Sadly it is a familiar look. Hope we both stay up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well with Johnny Mac sent off and likely to face a ban it mad sense to get a keeper back. Squad was thin enough as it is. I guess, and it sounds cruel, that its a double whammy taking a keeper away from a fellow struggler.

Sadly it is a familiar look. Hope we both stay up ;)

Me too, as long as it's not at Barnet's expense :D

Yep, then about this time next season we can do it all again! Scary how badly Lincoln have done since going down so would be a real worry if any of the teams dropped.

Good point away at Crewe, our keeper saved a last minute penalty on his debut which will do his confidence good too. Big game at Oxford on good Friday. Still 6 points away from drop zone, couple more wins should hopefully be enough.

:mad:

:mad:

Didn't mean it had to happen in next few, or on the 14th for example!

Ha. It was more me being angry at being reminded of the loss yesterday. Looks quite gloomy at the moment. Might be a cliche but Bradford are just too big a club to go down.

Ha. It was more me being angry at being reminded of the loss yesterday. Looks quite gloomy at the moment. Might be a cliche but Bradford are just too big a club to go down.

Well biggest support in league by a good distance. Blue Square is a quagmire to get out of unless you bounce straight back. I think all our teams will escape again this year anyway.

• Advertisement

Good win for City today against a play off team. 7 points clear and should Maccs lose later that points gap should be enough with just 5 games left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dooferoaks and Paul Terget, what teams do you's support??

monkey9 wrote: »
    Dooferoaks and Paul Terget, what teams do you's support??

My old username was p_larkin99 - massive United fan but im from Bradford and they are my second team.

Doo is a Northampton fan - they play later tonight.

And Barnet are going down :(

greendom wrote: »
    And Barnet are going down :(

Its going to be tight. Shrews will probably do you a favour later on

I have to say, i'm getting greater entertainment from the lower leagues than i am of the Premier League this season. I suppose i would say that being a Liverpool fan. :(

The English league must be one of the best in the world for it's depth and quality of it's lower leagues!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I have to say, i'm getting greater entertainment from the lower leagues than i am of the Premier League this season. I suppose i would say that being a Liverpool fan. :(

The English league must be one of the best in the world for it's depth and quality of it's lower leagues!

Yeah but as a United fan and a Bradford fan im having much more fun watching the Prem this season again!

These lower leagues are ridiculously competitive. Bradford still havent recovered from the overspending when they made it to the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Good win for City today against a play off team. 7 points clear and should Maccs lose later that points gap should be enough with just 5 games left.

Pathetic result for us. Bloody hell.

Nearly 7000 at Northampton tonight.. Cobblers went 1 up in 1st minute and battered Oxford, then second half, Oxford equalised, our American keeper saved another penalty, they battered us, and we won it in the last minute!

Aidy Boothroyd is a legend, he has us 9 points clear of drop, we would be down if he hadn't turned it round.

Monkey9, lower leagues quality is not often there, in fact some of the football can be desperate! but the passion is there , and I think it's easier to feel involved with supporters not there for the glory, because there very rarely is any!

• Advertisement

Nearly 7000 at Northampton tonight.. Cobblers went 1 up in 1st minute and battered Oxford, then second half, Oxford equalised, our American keeper saved another penalty, they battered us, and we won it in the last minute!

Monkey9, lower leagues quality is not often there, in fact some of the football can be desperate! but the passion is there , and I think it's easier to feel involved with supporters not there for the glory, because there very rarely is any!

9 point gap with 5 games left. You are safe

Delighted Maccs lost tonight, think City should be safe too. Good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Gary Megson sacked by Sheffield Wednesday after beating local rivals United and moving to 3rd in the league. Dave Jones likely to replace him. I think poor old Milan has lost the run of himself.
    still think that ?
    6 wins and a draw :)

Stuxnet wrote: »
    still think that ?
    6 wins and a draw :)

He wasn't exactly taking over a team at the bottom of the league though was he? Megson had had his poor run, but off the back of a win against the local rivals there was nothing to say Megson couldn't have gone on a run of similar.

So Rotherham United have signed Steve Evans as their new manager. Hope they have also signed a decent accountant to watch the books.

In the local press they are saying Evans applied for the Northampton job too. Wonder why he was so keen to get out of Crawley.

So Rotherham United have signed Steve Evans as their new manager. Hope they have also signed a decent accountant to watch the books.

In the local press they are saying Evans applied for the Northampton job too. Wonder why he was so keen to get out of Crawley.

Interesting - is the Crawley bubble about to burst ? Bet you're delighted you didn't get him. Not a pleasant character

Evans has left Crawley?? That kind of came out of nowhere, didn't it? Haven't they sold a couple of strikers this season? The finances drying up maybe and Evans jumping ship?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »

Interesting - is the Crawley bubble about to burst ? Bet you're delighted you didn't get him. Not a pleasant character

Very pleased not to get him, we were in relegation zone when he applied and whilst we pay ok I think, I doubt it we would be paying way more than Crawley. Unless it was the draw of living in Northampton! :-D
    there doesn't seem to be a valid reason other than, as you say, things are about to go pear shaped at Crawley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

He wasn't exactly taking over a team at the bottom of the league though was he? Megson had had his poor run, but off the back of a win against the local rivals there was nothing to say Megson couldn't have gone on a run of similar.

Check your win% and ppg for Megson and Jones. Although I thought Megson was doing a decent job there is no room for sentiment in football. Mandric's decision has been validated, through an improvement in results, not to mention an improvement in style of football.

OwlsZat wrote: »

Check your win% and ppg for Megson and Jones. Although I thought Megson was doing a decent job there is no room for sentiment in football. Mandric's decision has been validated, through an improvement in results, not to mention an improvement in style of football.

The decision has obviously not been a bad one, but I would still question why you wait until after you win a local derby to make it. I also think Mandaric has potential to fu¢k things up with rash decisions.

Well, I think all our horses lost today BUT late goal defeats for Maccs and Hereford mean its just taken another game away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

2-0 win the Shrimpers keeps our faint automatic hopes alive. I'm making a weekend out of our game at Torquay next Saturday. A real must-win if we're to have any chance of avoiding the play-offs.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    2-0 win the Shrimpers keeps our faint automatic hopes alive. I'm making a weekend out of our game at Torquay next Saturday. A real must-win if we're to have any chance of avoiding the play-offs.

Sorry missed out Southend, too far up for the rest of us to look - strain on the neck :mad:

Sarfend winning and Bottom 2 losing apart, not a good day. Dreadful game at Swindon by all accounts and 25 quid to get in! It's a kip of a ground too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd imagine the finances are starting to dry up and he's jumping ship before the questions start being asked. The man should be in prison after his antics at Boston.

A fella on the Sunderland forum says one of his best mates play for Crawley and that he thinks Steve Evans is one of the most despicable human beings ever created. They won't be sorry to see him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

he wasnt, but he tactics went to the dogs, and he was playing **** hoofball football, we couldn't score early, and often conceded late ! Genius move by Milan, no way we'd be where we are if the Ginger Mourinho was still in charge

onwards and upwards ! just need utd to eff up once

UTO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

gl doof

(i dont really mean that!)

gl doof

(i dont really mean that!)

Good luck to you too, hope you goal difference doesn't suffer too much!

Edit: Well you have just gone one up!

Good luck to you too, hope you goal difference doesn't suffer too much!

Edit: Well you have just gone one up!

we are well capable of ****ing it up... plenty of time for it too

2 now, mon City!

3676039954_d5b1635986.jpg

Got one back, now 3 one down!

• Advertisement

Who the Feck is Nakhi Wells, could do without seeing his name again this afternoon!

Who the Feck is Nakhi Wells, could do without seeing his name again this afternoon!

One of those players who is just so hit and miss. Looks talented but just doesnt do it often enough. Hes young still though and will benefit from proper coaching. Hopefully him and Hanson can strike up a good partnership.

One of those players who is just so hit and miss. Looks talented but just doesnt do it often enough. Hes young still though and will benefit from proper coaching. Hopefully him and Hanson can strike up a good partnership.

Duke having a good game today too apparently, which is typical.

Duke having a good game today too apparently, which is typical.

aye within 2 minutes of the match starting I saw catch from Duke (Bradford)... was like typically he will have a stormer

Boom Boom City should be safe - as Northampton also should be

Boom Boom City should be safe - as Northampton also should be

Hopefully anyway, Macclesfield and Hereford can't seem to buy a win, and the Cobblers still have a game in hand.

Congratulations on today, local (and presumably biased!) reports say Northampton were a bit unlucky not to get a point out of it.

Hopefully anyway, Macclesfield and Hereford can't seem to buy a win, and the Cobblers still have a game in hand.

Congratulations on today, local (and presumably biased!) reports say Northampton were a bit unlucky not to get a point out of it.

Cheers. I imagine the reports will be the same from the Bradford press... its quite sad that at the end of the season we will be relieved to be playing each other again next season :(

Cheers. I imagine the reports will be the same from the Bradford press... its quite sad that at the end of the season we will be relieved to be playing each other again next season :(

I know, fairly miserable to be excited about being anything other than 23rd or 24th. Boothroyd reckons we will be play-off contenders next year though!! :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh, and of the 5060 there, Bradford took 528, not a bad away support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to Fleetwood Town, they were always going to get promoted but now they've done it.

• Advertisement

I don't believe it. Martin Allen back in charge of Barnet for the 3rd time. Wonder if he'll last the 3 matches 'till the end of the season :rolleyes:. Much as I hate to say it he probably is the right man for the job. no one better to come in sort out a crisis and p**s off again before he has to think of any long term planning.

Advertisement